• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail! and travel tips.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Cocktail! and travel tips.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4030206.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	777453

Well its Friday what a busy week off to Manitoba to my favourite winter show. Free no cost no parking cost and really a nice show to see what needed to be seen and visit with fellow farmers. Also had a great week hauling grain. Funny when its warm how much you can get done.

Name:	wintercokcktails-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	777454

SPELLBOUND SMASH
    Ingredients:

2 parts Basil Hayden's® Bourbon

¾ part Demerara Syrup*

2 dashes Angostura® Bitters

2 dashes Orange Bitters

Half of a Lemon

5 Fresh Blackberries

3 Sage Leaves (2 for garnish)

1 sprig of Thyme (for garnish)

Directions:

Place half of a lemon and the blackberries into a cocktail shaker and lightly press with the back of a bar spoon. Add remaining ingredients, including one sage leaf, to cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass over ice. Garnish with remaining two sage leaves and a sprig of thyme.Demerara Syrup can be purchased, or homemade by combining a 1:1 ratio of Demerara sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.

Travel tip is getting a better seat on a plane. Some planes have very tight seat ratios so if you are a bigger person your going to be very uncomfortable sitting for 5 to 7 hours in a cramped seat. When picking seats some times you can get the emergency exit for adults over 16 and they have extra leg room. You cant put children in these seats. Some times they are free when booking but most you have to pay extra. If your bigger pay the extra.

On our Hawaii flights if we all four are going on same plane we do inside and end, leaving the middle third seat empty. This year we were ahead of rush for Christmas so no one sat in middle seat very nice roomy flight. It doesn't work all the time some times you get chatty Andy or big charley.

One side note most airlines are going away from TVs and have wireless for that so strait using their app to your iPad or what ever. Check before you fly as cant add app once loose cell coverage. But they can rent you a iPad.

Bitch of the day is pricing of peas. Being told cant get $8.50 just cant put in a target yea thats one BS program. Now the buyer is dropping and picking up bids at $7.90 looks like the games never ends. Peas have no real market just some Assholes who get farmers to guess where they want to be using the useless targets. Then its like shooting fish in a barrel. Pick the low end guys and Sooner or later the tops get nervous and settle lower. Ah what marketing.

Thanks for the tips sf3...we don't travel as much as you but like the ideas. Love to go to Hawaii someday.

Comment

Personally give me 3-4 cold beers, then she's Capt Morgan's after that. Most of the drinks they serve are too sweet for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        Personally give me 3-4 cold beers, then she's Capt Morgan's after that. Most of the drinks they serve are too sweet for me.
        if you like rum , you should try flora de cana 7 yr from Nicaragua. it's in most liquor stores , it's my favorite ....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          if you like rum , you should try flora de cana 7 yr from Nicaragua. it's in most liquor stores , it's my favorite ....
          Carabana Sol is very very good. I actually like it better than Capt. Can get it at the Val Marie duty free, but I'm along ways from there.
          Could be a good road trip. LOL

Comment

broker in Saskatoon has a buyer offering $9 for yellows.

Comment

is that the same broker I'm thinking of ill phone monday.

Comment

I sold a wack of yellows into the states this wk for $9 FOB. Price will likely go to $10 now.

Comment

Looking for fall price. ours are all sold. Not going to grow if the idiots wont offer above 8.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0687.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	765341

Little stingray city! Cayman Islands

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...