• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola up today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber's newsletter provided weekly price summary for Jan 6/17 provided through AAFC has Vancouver track "asking prices" at $521.40, Sktoon par---$471.40, ICE canola quotes aren't far off West Coast asking.

????????????????????

Comment

Farma, I would think those numbers are fairly close for that date. I would think sales were being made for those export values

Comment

And its up again nicely this morning. Canola that is.

101's chart had domestic use a healthy 1.2ish mmt up, about a third more, from the same time last year and not even half way through the crop year.

T-t-t-t-twelve.....?
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 17, 2017, 07:36.

Comment

Canola up $4/tonne.

Soybeans up 15 cents/bushel.

Comment

Wiseguy

Good point....I tried to buy some shit durum from a grainco when they had a poor price....I offered them 50 cents a bushel premium over their price and they wouldn't sell. Their price was 1.50 and I offered them 2.00 ......no go....

I could have filled a contract and we would have both made a profit.......

Wiseguy makes good points.....
            Last edited by bucket; Jan 17, 2017, 08:57.

Comment

Definitely good to see canola market up after a "big crop" here and in the U.S.

Comment

I'll add to the sarcasm....

Geez that sounds like a win win win scenario....we get more money for a bigger crop and no one goes short of supplies...utopian!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...