• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian content restaurants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian content restaurants

Stopped at a Mary Brown's last night. Happy to see their advertising says their chicken is raised by Canadian farmers.

McDonald's promotes and advertises Canadian beef.

Should be good pr and advertising for them but also win win for farmers.

What other businesses proudly support or acknowledge Canadian Agricultute?

local co-op , fresh carrots from somewhere in sask
    tomatoes from alberta
    nice to see !!!

Comment

There are quite a number of restaurants in Calgary that serve Canadian sourced ingredients only. And about half a dozen or so that only serve Alberta only menus. The River Cafe is the most famous (a Michelin 5 star restaurant) and they've been doing it for about 20 years. They even grow their own herbs and and spices. Ain't cheap, but I'll eat there any day!

Comment

Originally posted by rockpile View Post
        There are quite a number of restaurants in Calgary that serve Canadian sourced ingredients only. And about half a dozen or so that only serve Alberta only menus. The River Cafe is the most famous (a Michelin 5 star restaurant) and they've been doing it for about 20 years. They even grow their own herbs and and spices. Ain't cheap, but I'll eat there any day!
        Harvey's are up there

Comment

And A&W isn't.

Not promoting the idea, but has anyone ever considered why the entertainment industry is supported by Canadian Content rules, but no one else? Why aren't we forced to drink a certain % of canadian Beer, or read Canadian books, or eat a % of Canadian pineapples etc.?

Comment

Carrots are from Outlook sask.
            Taste awesome.the only ones we buy.

Comment

AB5 makes a good point, what's so special about the arts that they need content rules and other industries don't. Oh ya it's because we suck at that!

Wonder if that is ever an issue with our trade partners like supply management and such is?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Carrots are from Outlook sask.
                Taste awesome.the only ones we buy.
                I asked about them today but apparently they're done till summer , too bad

Comment

What brand name do those Outlook carrots go by?

Comment

PET feared the US influence on our culture and set the content rules.
                    New technology sure gets around it. Without it the CBC would have to change.

Comment

Prairie Fresh Food.
                      On the bag is says carrots..
                      Saskatchewan grown.
                      These are the Outstanding young farmers I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Prairie Fresh Food.
                        On the bag is says carrots..
                        Saskatchewan grown.
                        These are the Outstanding young farmers I think?
                        They sure are good ! Compared to california carrots

Comment

Where are they available? Co-op, Sobey's/Safeway, Stoopidstore?
                          Do they produce enough to supply a whole year, they would store under the right conditions, like potatoes?

Comment

I always wondered how California carrots can be so woody and tasteless. Do Outlook carrots taste more like garden carrots? About 30 years ago I attended a convention in Saskatoon partially supported by Department of Regional Economic Expansion. Different farm value-added ventures were highlighted. One of the speakers was Elysse ---- I forgot her last name. Her story was how an over abundance of potatoes turned into perogies and then quickly grew into Saskatchewan Fresh Pack. Its been a long time but this story has been fixed in my mind and every time I see the bag with the prairie lily logo, I think of her remarkable story.

Comment

They had this young couple on farm gate awhile ago.
                              Yes they taste like..better than our garden carrots.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...