• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe - Need help

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe - Need help

Okay so it's called Commodity Marketing. I find 1 thread that is related to the category today and it came from Mallee. A couple I can't relate - i.e.. fish feeding equipment? And 8 threads that are nothing but political ranting and venting. Any chance we can separate the two and set up a new political category? Some of us would actually like to hear more about marketing and production and maybe set the political venting aside and call it brain aeration. Anyone agree with me?

Rock good idea but still most are connected to marketing!

Just look politics can effect your final market price

Comment

Stonepile....we can always skip over them.

Marketing.....speak your mind and have Industry blacklist you.
      Marketing.....you can sometimes say too much and give away all your secrets and opportunities.
      Marketing.....is like talking about gambling....no one ever wants to report their loses (failures) only their gains (winnings).
      Get called out as being a bullshitter, braggart, whiner, complainer, rich.........

I would like more discussion on marketing as well, where I can actually learn something that will help me market, the marketing knowledge some people have here is impressive.

And I hate to see people punished or called out for "telling it like it is". You know who you are and don't quit! But at the same time if a good job is being done don't be afraid to hand out a bouquet. No one continually likes being beat on the head...do we now! Maybe we wouldn't be so cynical otherwise!

Comment

Poor old stonepile...maybe there's a hate on from a long time past .. Just because someone can't see interconnections between carbon taxes and agricultural inputs and interconnnected agendas of GMO destroyal, supposed poisons camouflaged as foodstuffs, CO2 destroying the world; new solutions for energy being pushed before they are ready; glyphosate banning and on and on doesn't meann they have the big picture figured out and it

doesn't mean it isn't agricultural related and poised to be coming to a farm near you.

Sure it hurts brains that can't handle the input; but it is possible to not open the posts that may be in a list of topics.
        Any censorship and I'm gone from this site. Everything else I'll tolerate somehow.

Comment

Agree some of the issues are getting a bit long winded and seem to never find an end. Especially when it's just constant cut and paste with no actual conversation. However it's pretty easy to not read something if you aren't interested. Would not be as easy to go through multiple pages on a regular basis to see if there is something you want to read. Pretty much everything in this world relates to or has an impact on our bottom line. I for one like the idea of variety, never know you might just learn something by accident. Leave it as is.

Comment

Geez runoff. I think you maybe failed to read my post. I didn't imply eliminating political discussion, just a suggestion to create another category. And perhaps stimulate a bit more marketing info like farma stated. Whilst you were ranting may I ask where you got the idea this was about censorship? I don't think there is much support for the idea anyway. I'm okay with that so keep the status-quo.

Comment

Rock how doesn't the Carbon tax become marketing? We are at a marketing disadvantage to the USA Australia, Russia and South America. So really it is and its a big cost.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                Rock how doesn't the Carbon tax become marketing? We are at a marketing disadvantage to the USA Australia, Russia and South America. So really it is and its a big cost.
                I won't argue your point but just add that all taxes have a negative impact on the bottom line.

Comment

But if i farm in ND and I farm in Canada the farm in ND is more profitable because it doesn't have the useless carbon tax.
                  Thats a big thing.

Comment

Ok Probably that was a way too brash

But as should be known it takes time and effort to try to communicate information or a viewpoint to others.

Look at the Internet and computers heading for this agriville site. A whopping 234 topic put forward as opposed to close to 19000 for commodity marketing.

Granted we've all got lots of other things to do; and probably should be using more time doing those other things..when you sometimes consider pounding your head against a brick wall seems a little futile.

Just about every thing is related to all else; and we can lose track; ignore or even attempt to prevent those interconnections being scrutinized

In short is it worthwhile to contribute to a site category that only rare people even have run across?

Perhaps if everyone concentrated more on quickly concluding "the pigs aren't going to load" then everyone can get on to some humor or travel tips; or other interesting points (to some people at least)

all occassionally INTERSPERSED around the Commodity Marketing Heading that we frequent on a regular basis

You have to admit that close to 7000 views is probably a record, by far, for the agriville site. And there's still a very important confirmation needed from Sask Power. Somebodies likely to ask a stonepile type person to help make that important inquiry too; because at least two people are being ignored and the answer not forthcoming (yet). The answer to that question could mean a big difference on every Sask Power farm customer's electrical bill in the future; or maybe rightfully call into question professional and media evidence or maybe just add evidence that we must all recognize that simple mistakes can happen at any of the highest levels of power.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
                      Ok Probably that was a way too brash

But as should be known it takes time and effort to try to communicate information or a viewpoint to others.

Look at the Internet and computers heading for this agriville site. A whopping 234 topic put forward as opposed to close to 19000 for commodity marketing.

Granted we've all got lots of other things to do; and probably should be using more time doing those other things..when you sometimes consider pounding your head against a brick wall seems a little futile.

Just about every thing is related to all else; and we can lose track; ignore or even attempt to prevent those interconnections being scrutinized

In short is it worthwhile to contribute to a site category that only rare people even have run across?

Perhaps if everyone concentrated more on quickly concluding "the pigs aren't going to load" then everyone can get on to some humor or travel tips; or other interesting points (to some people at least)

all occassionally INTERSPERSED around the Commodity Marketing Heading that we frequent on a regular basis

You have to admit that close to 7000 views is probably a record, by far, for the agriville site. And there's still a very important confirmation needed from Sask Power. Somebodies likely to ask a stonepile type person to help make that important inquiry too; because at least two people are being ignored and the answer not forthcoming (yet). The answer to that question could mean a big difference on every Sask Power farm customer's electrical bill in the future; or maybe rightfully call into question professional and media evidence or maybe just add evidence that we must all recognize that simple mistakes can happen at any of the highest levels of power.
                      not sure about a record , but parsleys thread when she was helping cotton's family had 8075 views . wonder what the record views is on a post ?

Comment

You gotta be pretty passionate to dedicate the time and energy into some of the arguments put forward on this forum.

Nothing wrong with critical thinking and even tempering or changing your opinion on a matter but arguing for the sake of arguing...

and sometimes it's Ok to agree to disagree.

Comment

Rockpile you certainly have a point, if you look at replies to certain topics most questions on grain marketing seem to get 10-25 replies, recent post on solar power almost 200. It certainly shows where farmers concerns are at the moment. I do think our present government policy trends provincially and federally do not bode well for farmers and our cost of production and cost of living!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rockpile View Post
                            Okay so it's called Commodity Marketing. I find 1 thread that is related to the category today and it came from Mallee. A couple I can't relate - i.e.. fish feeding equipment? And 8 threads that are nothing but political ranting and venting. Any chance we can separate the two and set up a new political category? Some of us would actually like to hear more about marketing and production and maybe set the political venting aside and call it brain aeration. Anyone agree with me?
                            I agree that the % of discussion are now a small minority for "Commodity Marketing".

One poster in particular has decided to use this forum to argue with farmers about alternative/renewable energy sources and start several separate conversations per week.

I do think carbon taxes are related to our input costs but we don't need 40 different conversations regarding inefficient solar/wind power generation.

I would be okay with a new category for "alternative power generation".

Comment

The problem is the sort order that lets these long winded political topics keep rising to the top while a nice 5 post thread on wheat prices gets quickly moved to oblivion

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...