• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump team says border tax on Canadian vehicles is part of the plan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so we're clear chucky, you have your panties in a bunch over a potential tax that could potentially be imposed by a conservative yet you're in full support of a tax that is already declared by a liberal. Now that cognitive dissonance.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      I will say Trump appeals to my reactive thoughts not my reflective thoughts. A trade war would be bloody. We shall explore all Prince Justins skill sets.
      He's good at writing poetry someone said. And at uh uh not uh really uh sure uh uh what else.

Comment

Trump should call it a carbon tax on cdn manufactured cars going to the usa, then selfie jt would be all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ado089 View Post
          Just so we're clear chucky, you have your panties in a bunch over a potential tax that could potentially be imposed by a conservative yet you're in full support of a tax that is already declared by a liberal. Now that cognitive dissonance.
          Ha! Nailed it!

Taxes on own country to save the planet=Good
          Tax a competing country to save your own auto industry=Bad

Partisan lefty politics at it's finest!
          Last edited by Jay-mo; Jan 16, 2017, 10:46.

Comment

Check out the "Border adjustment tax" of 10% being written by the GOP and strongly supported by Trump. Not just the auto industry, but will apply to all ag imports into the U.S. and anything else going there. Will be recessionary for us as 73% of our exports go to the USA

Comment

No doubt, some of Trumps moves could be bad for us.
              I just don't think you can compare the US applying a tax to another country which intends to give their own economy an advantage, to Trudeau applying a tax to his own country which makes us less competitive globally.

Comment

It seems like Trudeau and Trump share the same goals of making the USA more competitive.
                Carbon tax and B.A.T. Will both work against Canada.

It would be nice to have a leader tilt the playing field in our favour.

Comment

No one in Ottawa is smart enough....the conservatives are in fighting over oleary and who knows what the ndp are doing....all pretty silent....

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                    No doubt, some of Trumps moves could be bad for us.
                    I just don't think you can compare the US applying a tax to another country which intends to give their own economy an advantage, to Trudeau applying a tax to his own country which makes us less competitive globally.
                    Jay-mo. If you assume that I endorse the carbon tax you couldn't be further from the truth! It's a very dumb move. If you really want to achieve a certain goal politically through the tax system, then the carrot vs the stick is the way to do it. I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.

Comment

Everybody very passive over the import tax being discussed by Trump and GOP, could you imagine if Obama had done this there would be a lot more than 20 some posts.

Complaining about taxes from a group that if you are incorporated your paying 12-14%, you get the majority of your GST back, plus how many of you have enjoyed the government ag support cheques in your mail boxes. Those were somebody's else tax dollars. As for the carbon tax, farmers will be exempted on the majority of inputs and the tax will stay in the province. If my farm has to pay some of the carbon tax, so be it, I'll survive and it's not going to stop my farm from being successful.

Ya you guys got it so hard, ordinary Canadians would really feel sorry for all of us hard done by farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Everybody very passive over the import tax being discussed by Trump and GOP, could you imagine if Obama had done this there would be a lot more than 20 some posts.

Complaining about taxes from a group that if you are incorporated your paying 12-14%, you get the majority of your GST back, plus how many of you have enjoyed the government ag support cheques in your mail boxes. Those were somebody's else tax dollars. As for the carbon tax, farmers will be exempted on the majority of inputs and the tax will stay in the province. If my farm has to pay some of the carbon tax, so be it, I'll survive and it's not going to stop my farm from being successful.

Ya you guys got it so hard, ordinary Canadians would really feel sorry for all of us hard done by farmers.
                        It appears some people are missing the entire point that EVERYTHING will cost more with a carbon tax and farmers will not be able to pass on their added input costs. Costs will increase for fertilizer, electricity, freight, heating, canola crusher costs, parts, machinery,.....EVERYTHING.

The Saskatchewan government has already estimated an increase in costs of $12 per acre this is a huge increase!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

You should run for politics you'd have lots of votes if you can get The Corp tax rate to 12 or 14%

Comment

I think you are misreading the support for this. What I see is that people are admiring a leader who actually seems to want to support industries in his own country, as opposed to our current crop of leaders who seem intent on destroying our competitive advantage. People are admiring a leader who can speak his mind and defend himself and his country on the world stage.

Above all, regardless of the status of free trade, what benefits the US benefits us, and vice versa. A strong economy in the US will benefit all of us. Import taxes are going to be irrelevant soon, businesses will leave en masse to the US due to our anti-business, high tax, high regulatory environment.

Comment

A pen stroke from Trump could hurt us farmers much more and faster than anything numbnuts could do.
                              His dad raised his finger to foreign leaders. This guys just a ****old. Similar result?
                              If I remember correctly? The US farm bill of 84? wiped out a $ a bushel overnight here. All my 300 acre relatives were in town by 86.
                              At least he hasnt totally pissed in anyones pool yet. Holding my breath for a while.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...