• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SK wheat basis

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a good thing, not sure....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	US rail freight Jan 2017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	765327

Comment

Freight costs from Kansas and ND origination. US dollars

[URL="https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/GTR%2011-03-16.pdf#page=2"]https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/GTR%2011-03-16.pdf#page=2[/URL]

Under MRE freight cost per tonne totaled for both railways was 33.73 CAD/tonne
      Last edited by farming101; Jan 12, 2017, 00:15.

Comment

Bucket. ..operating costs like fuel, labour and capital costs would have risen. But there were definitely efficiency gains that would have saved them money as well. Who here would know what the per tonne cost is to move a unit train from a one stop pickup from mid point Sask to the west coast?

101, I think the last checks we recieved under the Board had total deductions of about $61/tonne.....at least that is all they showed us off the check. I believe freight was basically a buck a bushel(for wheat) for our distance to port(west coast).

If wheat is selling for $9.22 (high quality)at port and I got about $6.70, thats about a $2.52/bu or $92.81/t basis. How accurate is the port asking price? I don't know but I do know what I got net. Is $92.81, all in, too.much?

Comment

Farma, in your example when you take off 33.73/tonne for rail freight(I'm guessing your freight rate might be higher), your left with 59.08, way too much if you ask me

Comment

Lots of assumptions on my part. I don't know if freight rates have been negotiated down since the demise of the board...highly unlikely. So you could probably put us at least were we left off...a buck a bushel. I believe elevation was about 15-16 a tonne and would have also risen by now. And a couple of other deductions like cleaning and CGC fees as well. Demurage is likely now built into the basis, something we never saw on our CWB checks but was deducted from final payments.

A detailed accounting would be interesting.

Comment

Hmmmm....

112 car unit train @ 90 tonnes per car = 10080 tonnes times $35 per tonne freight=$352, 800. Add or subtract $25,200 for each $2.50 incremental change.

If elevation is twenty dollars per tonne....$201,600 for the unit train.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 12, 2017, 01:17.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...