• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver salt frenzy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vancouver salt frenzy

Watching the news this morning and seeing the people of Vancouver acting like a pack of animals over salt sand mixtures that they are getting for free( typical ). Every zombie movie seems to have the human condition figured pretty much correctly.
    See the blocking pattern in place that is going to keep the coast wintry and wet and Us cold cold and colder going to have an effect on grain going to the coast I should think.
    Last edited by mcfarms; Jan 6, 2017, 08:49.

I agree, was watching it on the news last night. Some were actually on their knees scraping up the last bit with their mitts. I think i would just get my old broomball shoes out. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Comment

I guess in a city with $1.5 million houses people don't value their time???

Peavey Mart or Home Depot would sell a city home owner all the salt needed for $10 but they would rather wait in line several hours for taxpayer supplied salt.....craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        I guess in a city with $1.5 million houses people don't value their time???

Peavey Mart or Home Depot would sell a city home owner all the salt needed for $10 but they would rather wait in line several hours for taxpayer supplied salt.....craziness.
        Think all outlets are sold out and have been for awhile. Sells out as soon as it gets in. They were having trouble getting shipments in due to highway closures etc.

Comment

I saw that also on the news. Wont throw the race card but most were from a very populated area of the world.
          Its free and humans turn to zombies.

Just nuts.

Comment

We are talking Vancouver. People there do not know how to cope with winter. The majority have never seen a snow tire. It's bicycle and transit country also with nasty traffic congestion certain times of day. The grass stays green 12 months of the year. The tulips should be blooming next month. And suddenly everyone wants salt as though it's a magic bullet. Hmmm, not a very eco friendly product. I guess personal comfort supersedes principles, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by rockpile View Post
              We are talking Vancouver. People there do not know how to cope with winter. The majority have never seen a snow tire. It's bicycle and transit country also with nasty traffic congestion certain times of day. The grass stays green 12 months of the year. The tulips should be blooming next month. And suddenly everyone wants salt as though it's a magic bullet. Hmmm, not a very eco friendly product. I guess personal comfort supersedes principles, lol!
              And how many of these eco-kooks that oppose fossil fuel and pipelines would volunteer to shut off their pipeline supplied natural gas for one day????........likely about 0.

Comment

I find it interesting how people react to extremes in their own environment that they get accustomed to. When I lived in southern Arizona one winter, radio stations were filled with airtime of Tucson callers reporting a quarter inch of snow. Here I listen to Saskatchewan residents report how hot it is in the summer when the temperature gets a degree or two over 25 C. It's all relative.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...