• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable for us dry aussie farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable for us dry aussie farmers

Click image for larger version

Name:	15747478_10212000939001498_468850712800866368_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	777437

Right were this photo was taken yield monitor showed 6.4 t/ha hit 7 in one patchphenominal for us last paddock of barley 102 acres doing lupins lentils and peas with a run of a few days of cool weather then back on to wheat.

ps this is our best barley not all like that

3.5 kmh slow and steady wins the race I guess.

Normal yield 1.8 to 2 t/ha

idiotic land rent of $30 per acre covered with high yields

ps the dark line is something to do with camera on my phone.

son on chaser bin patiently waiting for top up just unloaded other combine

Wheat first paddock

Comment

Wheat first paddock

Comment

Glad to see you guys are getting a big harvest. I know the past years have been tough down there. Congrats you are due

Iceman out

Comment

Malle

Congrats on the big crop. Big yields like that around here command $100 per acre rent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
            Malle

Congrats on the big crop. Big yields like that around here command $100 per acre rent.
            crops like that command $149/acre rent in this area. Good times for land owners.

Comment

When local guys post a high yield on here they get blasted off the thread. Good for you Mallee but look out when your landlord finds out your rent is going way up.

Comment

Yeah rents will need to go up. What are interest rates down there on land purchases? I don't think that interests rates went as low there as they did here in Canuckistan so your land prices are not in as big a bubble as they are here. Around here most land is financed at variable rate being prime to prime + 1/2 so around 3% interest.

Comment

I would have to say land values will go up in Australia. Or I'm starting a winter farm of 30000 acres and $900,000.00 rent only need two combines two 60 ft headers and 86 ft drill, one 120 ft sprayer and were rolling.

But that's great mallee.

But as we discussed months back what if aus and then SA and then USA Europe Russia all do it again where will prices be. One of the 5 just did it and seconds crops coming look good so far that's two out of the five.
                  Lock in fall prices in Canada maybe looks like a great plan.

Comment

Little enough to feel great about in this shit game as it is. We've all had his moment. Good for him.
                    Never been there but I bet he is not in a surecrop area like some of us. Big sky country with few people.
                    Rent = what 2 people will pay + 10%. Likely a very good reason why he feels 30 too high.
                    Very few people see my monitor or data. Change screens when landlord rides.
                    If my kids were older I'd be there pushin stick for r&b.

Comment

I knew i should have bought that farm near you mallee.
                      2 tons an acre will buy the land ,?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        He must have the conversion from hectare to acre wrong !
                        Dont think so
                        2.5tons at $300 will pay for a lot of those acres

Comment

Are you north mallee? Because down around Donald Victoria aren't you guys talking $3500 an acre now and $100+ rent now?

Iceman Out

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                            Are you north mallee? Because down around Donald Victoria aren't you guys talking $3500 an acre now and $100+ rent now?

Iceman Out
                            will find out for you iceman I would have thought Donald maybe in the $1500 per acre range they would be having best year ever there after about 8 duds in last 10 years

ps tht whole paddock ened up yielding 4.2 t/ha

and thanks I think big lentil was almost not going to post about big yeiulds but you guys took it the correct way.

last year we average 1.4 t/ha over whole area

the good bad and ugly we may make 3.2 to 3.5 t ha over all acerage.

Back to iceman Donald is just lovely country and lends its self to most crops in normal years just inland from coast a fraction far and at times forgets to rain

Comment

parcel of land at Donald iceman no house or sheds

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-cropping-vic-donald-7839902

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...