• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain this ....?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain this ....?????

Watching Mighty Trains and railroad Alaska. ...can someone explain why CP and CN can't do more for this country?
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 23, 2016, 18:43.

Because maybe they didn't watch much "Thomas the Train" and didn't get "The Little Train That Could" read to them when they were young!

Comment

The fellows at the local Viterra terminal supposedly have to load railcars on Boxing Day, I don't know if they are being spotted today or Christmas day. They had a train about a week ago.

But there are still guys around here that are looking for movement on overdue contract delivery dates. Lots of moving parts and maybe even some contracts made that knowingly couldn't be accepted on time.

We hauled grain in conditions we really didn't want to but we did get all the wheat out of here. This week was beautiful but the week previous was horrible...the apprentice was hauling with the Tridem and I was going to help along with the Tandem grain truck, it started and ran for about 3 minutes in the cold storage machine shed and the fuel gelled, good thing it happened in the shed and not on the road, this week I helped along with it. We started Thursday the 15th and hauled til Saturday noon then quit(too cold and they had to load rail cars on Monday) then started up again Tuesday afternoon and finished Thursday late afternoon. The terminal's 7a.m. to 7p.m. hours helped get us done, 6 loads a day on a good day. It's nice to have the stuff we had stored in other people's yards moved out of there and didn't have to move any snow to get at it.

Good to have that done...

Comment

Corporate bureaucracy and the preoccupation with preserving the stock and the dividend have done much to decide what does and doesn't get done

Comment

Government also has a lot to do with building infrastructure. It was criminal to allow the elevator system and branch lines to get ripped out. Without having to sound 'lefty', I believe that some elements are fundamental to the settlement of Canada. Its kinda like filling in the Welland Canal because industry has found an alternate route. I hesitate to say it, but some things can not be left to the free market unless you are prepared to open the gate to all incoming investment. That's when true competition will build it up, probably overbuild.

Comment

The previous branch line system wasn't overbuilt for today's production....unfortunately they allowed it to be ripped out looking back 60 years instead of looking forward 60.....it crippled infrastructure investment because now we are rebuilding highways due to very bad decisions.
            Last edited by bucket; Dec 24, 2016, 14:05.

Comment

2 world wars, a depression, a dustbowl, break even freight rates for decades, industrial advances and a road network that everyone wanted and needed did in the branch lines(along with a lot of other reasons-see post above).

North Dakota has lost as much branch line mileage as SK has, maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Government also has a lot to do with building infrastructure. It was criminal to allow the elevator system and branch lines to get ripped out. Without having to sound 'lefty', I believe that some elements are fundamental to the settlement of Canada. Its kinda like filling in the Welland Canal because industry has found an alternate route. I hesitate to say it, but some things can not be left to the free market unless you are prepared to open the gate to all incoming investment. That's when true competition will build it up, probably overbuild.
                I agree 100 % , some things need to be left to govt . national rails should be thei Feds responsibility I also like sask power, sask energy and sasktel. Hope bradleaves them alone

Comment

fitting topic
                  before i clicked on i was thinking is it just me.
                  my nov. peas are in the bin
                  my dec canola, sold in november
                  , which i sold only for the purpose of getting a bag of wheat
                  cleaned up .
                  . i still have .
                  the promise , if they get a train i may get to haul the canola.this week
                  the peas will maybe mid january.
                  i was ready to haul in the cold.

does anyone else care , other than farmers.
                  is the transportation minister watching or even care.
                  and what is the plan ( what a joke)

you guys all know as well as i do that there is no plan .
                  ( fines that were never collected) that was it

maybe instead of us all being obsessed about a carbon tax that will cost us ? 2-5- 8,000 $ year

how about making sure we do not lose hundreds of thousands each , again.
                  richardsons have enough money for a while.

at least this time it will be trudeau's fault , and farmers will not suffer the losses quietly this time
                  not that the liberals will care
                  Last edited by sawfly1; Dec 26, 2016, 05:59.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...