• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday cocktail and travel tip.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday cocktail and travel tip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	777429

Well it's the Christmas season and yesterday the population of the Big Island picked up. Traffic was higher the beaches were busier and Costco was a shit show.

This is one of the busiest travel times. But what do you do well patience is one thing, second get going earlier to beat the rush if you want that favourite spot at the beach. We go to a private beach 40 cars a day are all that it takes in or walk two miles across lava. The next two weeks it gets real stupid till Jan 2 when all the families go home.

Costco go early and trips around condo go early basically beat the rush.

The Harvest Sparkle

Ingredients:

For the cider honey syrup:
    1/2 cup
    ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
    ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
    1 cup orange juice

For a large batch/pitcher (serves 18):

2 ¼ cups whiskey or bourbon
    1 ½ cups of the cider honey syrup (entire batch)
    2 ¼ cups prosecco, champagne, or sparkling white wine
    9 sprigs of rosemary
    For a single cocktail:

1 ounce whiskey or bourbon
    1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cider honey syrup
    1 ounce prosecco, champagne, or sparkling white wine (or enough to top off the glass)
    ½ sprig of rosemary
    Directions:

In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk the honey, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and orange juice together until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
    In a pitcher or shaker, mix the honey syrup and whiskey together with a good amount of ice so that it is completely chilled. Strain into a different pitcher or serving glass. (Note: caution that you don’t let the honey and whiskey mixture sit in the ice for too long so that it doesn’t get watered down.)
    Keep refrigerated.
    Just before serving, add prosecco to top off the glass and garnish with a ½ sprig of rosemary.

Ah enjoy!

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	777430Click image for larger version

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	777430

Well what other travel tips do others have for busy Christmas break.

Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	777431

Merry Christmas to all on Agriville from my family to yours! And best in 2017!

Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	765302

Break down of the islands

Kauai wet chickens and awesome tropical paradise great for hiking etc. But it rains lots.
    Oahu pearl harbour busy traffic fight for spot on beach lots of shopping basically Vegas with a beach.
    Maui road to Hana use to be quieter now it's moved up the chain to very busy still nice but not like it use to be.
    Big island the one I like the most has grass lands like home mountains with snow volcano that might blow some nice beaches and a little slower pase.
    Smaller islands you can visit some are off limits

Comment

Morning walk over to other
      Main beach hapuna

Little shack on the beach and edge of the 14 th hole! And no gass and mustard I'm not jealous of the owner I admire him and good for him he worked hard to get where he is way to go and yea it's real nice!

Comment

With tongue in cheek and fingers crossed. Was looking at weekly rent condos on line for Big island for next year. Some were 5-700/wk.
        Any tips? Just me going likely.

Comment

Hey SK3 if you get bored why not see if there is any bare land a guy could buy and throw up another "shack"

Comment

Like this one! Internet is so so on the beach

Comment

My brother rented a house up in the Kohala ranch area once.
              Loved it except for the wind.

Comment

The area up by the ranch is now ce but windy is correct

Comment

Wow I could get used to living there.

Comment

Sell the farm and this beauty can be yours for a few mill. Actually quite a few. Overlooking the golf course and beach.

Comment

Hapuna Bay!

Comment

I'll try again

Comment

Sounds like a great place. Thanx for the updates. Tomorrow we are looking forward to a Colorado low.

Comment

Some thing about sitting on a relaxing semi private beach and you even have complementary wifi!

Comment

Still here in Sask with snow and cold.
                              Remember first time in tropics, had dreamed about it, was a letdown to have nothing more to do than sit on beach, can do that here in summertime but prefer to have other things to do.
                              Still look forward to getting away from winter but not so bad here for those who have something to do.
                              Grass always looks better over fence.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...