• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas ChuckChuck, Grassfarmer Mustard et al

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas ChuckChuck, Grassfarmer Mustard et al

A genuine thank you for your contributions to the forum, it would be much easier to go with the flow than present a dissenting opinion, I really admire you for doing so. You invest a lot of work and research into your posts, and in return you get called names and insulted, which is completely uncalled for, yet you keep coming back for more. That is a very thankless job, so thank you for the hard work and dedication to your causes ( although I'm beginning to doubt that you are making many converts on here)
    While I usually disagree with your political bents, and views on WHY burning fossil fuels is a bad thing, I find myself agreeing with your philosophies more often than not. Just the means that differ. Grassfarmer, you do have all the right ideas for sustainable agriculture, which the consumer should be able to support, I can't understand why grain farmers on here seem to resent that so much.

I consider myself well educated and well read, and I do follow links that you post to evidence that contradicts my own biases. I attempt to read everything with an unbiased point of view ( impossible, I know) and always consider what evidence it would take for me to admit that my current bias is wrong. So thank you for the efforts, and don't be chased away by the childish name calling.

My apologies to anyone who's name I have missed. Feel free to add to the list.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you Albertafarmer. ,thanks for that. It does seem like we are Contrarians on This site,but still like to contribute

Comment

Thank you AF5, not that I'm looking for praise or points for posting here. It's simply a place to share your opinions with others. I enjoy your input also.

In contrast I must say I'm appalled by LWebbers post below. Hopefully the Christmas spirit, if not common decency, will prompt you to delete that post.

Comment

It would be boring and get stagnant if you contrarians weren't here.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          I guess you couldn't figure out how to work the "ignore" button if you don't want to read my posts? Now you are up to two comments EVER on Agriville both complaining about my contribution. Surely that's a waste of bandwidth?
          LOL...you're funny

Comment

Ah Alberta5 we need grass and mustard to show what is wrong in Canada with the current governments in Canada, Ontario Alberta and BC.

Yes green is eventually going to develope but why kill gas and oil and coal before it's even close to perfection. Why not go balls to the wall oil gas etc and put tax money into developing new energies.

Comment

Yes aren't we so lucky to have a fractured voice when our very industry is at stake. The challenges in ag are growing thanks for nothin grass, chuck and mustard. Why don't u go undermine some other industry forum instead of one so noble as the Canadian family farm.
              Last edited by biglentil; Dec 22, 2016, 22:23.

Comment

you don't speak for me Albertafarmer.

Comment

A little bit different LWebber - I was posting in reply to a poster (whose name I forget, and you conveniently left out - was it an alias of yours perhaps? you certainly kept that quote from months ago close at hand) who had only ever come on Agriville twice by that point, both times calling for me to stop posting on Agriville hence I pointed out the ignore button.

Contrast that to your starting a post about ChuckChuck, someone I can't recall you ever discussing anything with, which by its tone was rude and disrespectful. What happened to the preaching about being kinder to fellow posters following the tragic events on Agriville earlier this year?

Comment

Time for a time out children?

Comment

Thanks very much Albertafarmer5. Your support is appreciated. It is always great to have someone like you who can present their point of view without being rude or insulting.

I live and farm in a community where many of my neighbors and friends would have a range of views similar to what is often posted on Agriville. It is difficult to have these more in depth types of discussions in your own community. You certainly can't get away with being an in person pain in the ass by using insulting confrontational language. I don't get to coffee row very often. Agriville offers an outlet for people to freely express their points of views.

I try to be respectful and just stick to the issue. I don't really expect to change the minds of many people on Agriville. But good information and facts presented in a respectful way can have influence.

There are lots of spectators on Agriville. It would be good to hear from more of them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

Comment

Crochety, old, selfish, railroading, inconsiderate, lucky, (the list goes on and on) are all in the minds of the beholder..but not used often in my dictionary. The list is nearly endless and when it is specifically mention not using that type of language; it makes one wonder if it isn't propaganda to try to convince the public that someone deserves to be put on the "disenchanted and ------list" I currently forget the other "----" word but perhaps it may come to me. Perhaps as Mom used to say " Comments you make tell as much about the speaker as the message they are attempting to convey to others.
                        And be damned that "-----" word just popped up.

The word is "marginalized"....and that information is kept by at least one contractor who was hired by local politicians.

Sometimes it is frustrating when valid questions and comments are met with only more unproven reprints, presently only on the drawing board or in the imaginations of people and groups with their own real agendas.

Every other statement completely ignored.

Comment

Give me a break , these are the same poeple who run for office and win , these are the same poeple who are running the country now , these are the same poeple who love the cwb and ran it for decades , these are the same poeple who cut and paste false info on how good the cwb , and it's being proven the cwb was a joke , I don't hang around poeple like this , I try and surround myself with common sense poeple , u can cut and paste anything u want to go on ur side , time to go chase the ace and have a good discussion .

Comment

I can't lower myself to thanking a philosophy that's grounded in NFU talk that says it has all the answers on everything, and toes the line that it doesn't negotiate, period.

Meanwhile there are countless thousands of farmers who are quietly limiting their carbon footprints, but the message still continues, "is that the best you got, just look at the perfect system I've developed, I'm better than carbon neutral, I'm saving Bangladesh from it's future.

Well, merry middle finger to that congratulations attitude.

Comment

Chuck, et al, good information and facts? that's what you present with all your cut and paste? Hard to believe, when ever an opposing article is posted that then it's just lies and garbage. You don't speak for me either alta 5. The chucks of the world are blinded by their ideology, which THEY follow blindly. As an example take climate change, when the same people continually ignore, solar activity, long term weather patterns, volcanic activity, elnino, la nina, etc. as weather changers and instead focus on manmade global warming and man made co2 ( a very minor gas ) as the soul cause of global warming, all that tells me is that these people are anti-science and have no common sense or the ability to form an opinion on their own. BTW, plants NEED co2 for crying out loud. Grass you better start sending your studies that show how good cattle are to the enviromaniacs, because their the ones that want to get rid of your cows, not people on agriville.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...