• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butter shortage?!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butter shortage?!

Apparently we're in the middle of a national butter shortage because there isn't enough "butter cream" to fill the supply. At least that's what the poster in the store said LoL

Olds had no butter the other day, today I couldn't find any in the south end of Red Deer. Ended up finding a good amount in Innisfail but they have signs up for limits per person. Ohhh the shortbread that isn't being made!!!

WHAT?!?!?!? Supply management isn't working?

Comment

Maybe we have too many guns

Comment

Bet there was tons of Margarine....Diet shift?

Comment

One small corner for butter at Regina East SuperStore and many times more shelf space for margarine..... But if butter was cheaper or the same price as margarine.... what would you choose?

I like to cook with butter and don't eat alot of margarine...

Comment

Butter wins, hands down. We use butter for everything. Butter is same price in US.

Comment

good way to drive the price up. now i guess it depends what side of the fence your on to benefit from the fundamentals of controlling supply.

Comment

Seems to me the "lack of" might have more to do with the Christmas baking season.... I've seen the butter shelf empty or near empty at my local Superstore before the holiday baking season started.

This area(40-60 kms SE of Regina) was once a dairy hot spot now we are down to two and I can tell you for sure those two are not producing what all the rest did at the peak number of dairies in this area.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 20, 2016, 07:13.

Comment

I noticed last week it was very slim pickings at my local Safeway. And noticed there was no sale on butter.

Comment

I have noticed that butter is different than it was before. The flavour is not the same buttery, nutty flavour and it doesn't stay as soft for spreading. Think they are substituting or addong something?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...