• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two months in Costa Rica

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Sounds like a plan, he can skype to legislature. That's effective government. He won't have to sign the carbon tax papers unless you can sign by skype.
    Welcome to 2016 friend... he can sign on his phone in this day and age.

Comment

Stonepicker Always about transfer payments,get off that kick,sure we paid but paid is the operative word,its gone . If you want to look back how about all the money we had and just squandered away,how well did the con plan, not at all You can dissagre but if the cons had half a mind we would be in a lot better financial shape. And that is all on them not this gov or future govs.

Comment

What Retired, so a dipshit notely or turdo could come along and give the money that was saved away?

Comment

We live in a society where u can't take anything away once we've had it. U didn't see Stalinger making tough decisions. Whatever the indians needed they got. Hydros broke cuse he stole everything out of the cookie jar. Had to pay to keep the deadbeats happy. Can't say no. Just the way it is now. Ain't Pallisters fault. CTV and CBC will have the leftwing agenda front and center when every twobit crybaby organization crys for money.

Comment

Actually Retired, there was a 17 billion dollar sustainability fund that was accumulated during Ralph Klein's tenure. The squandering of this fund began under Stelmach, continued under Redford and it was finally eliminated by the NDP's 2015-2016 budget. The heritage fund is still intact. Alberta has one of the most diversified economies in Canada. What I find amusing is that Premier Notley is going to close down our coal plants, some of the most efficient in the world and replace them with Chinese made solar panels and windmills and she calls this diversification. Retired explain to me how producing the same product a different and more expensive way is diversification? As for Manitoba's Premier, my guess he could more good for the province in a week than his former NDP one did in a year!

Comment

Worldwide coal plants
              And this doesn’t include the many in the U.S.A. A Google search suggests they have over 1300 plants.
              ….perhaps it may interest You…isn’t Canada nice ? or what !!!!…

Here's Just a small sample of how many coal plants are out there
              EU has 468 plants building 27 more for a total of 495
              Turkey has 56 plants building 93 more total 149
              South Africa has 79 building 24 more total 103
              India has 589 building 446 more total 1036
              Philippines has 19 building60 more total 79
              South Korea has 58 building 26 more total 84
              Japan has 90 building 45 more total 135
              CHINA has 2363 building 1171 total 3534
              But here comes Canada to shut down our 5 plants and save the planet!

Comment

Originally posted by wakopa View Post
                Worldwide coal plants
                And this doesn’t include the many in the U.S.A. A Google search suggests they have over 1300 plants.
                ….perhaps it may interest You…isn’t Canada nice ? or what !!!!…

Here's Just a small sample of how many coal plants are out there
                EU has 468 plants building 27 more for a total of 495
                Turkey has 56 plants building 93 more total 149
                South Africa has 79 building 24 more total 103
                India has 589 building 446 more total 1036
                Philippines has 19 building60 more total 79
                South Korea has 58 building 26 more total 84
                Japan has 90 building 45 more total 135
                CHINA has 2363 building 1171 total 3534
                But here comes Canada to shut down our 5 plants and save the planet!
                How f*cking dumb can these Climate Change NAZI's get? Totally off the crazy charts, or plain EVIL!

Comment

Interesting comment on the nature of the species though.

Comment

Well, Hammy is right on some of it...but don't think it's an NDP thing...
                    http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/12/19/alberta-may-dip-into-protection-fund-as-oil-prices-fall

Cannot sit back and listen to Stone and RD....yu believe what you want to believe...."not my kids!"

Supported Ralph at the beginning, however...a lot of the deficit is due to his "savings". Don't go into debt for the shingles, and you have to rebuild the whole house. Gutted infrastructure and civil servants in Edmonton...not Calgary...which cost way more to partially restore. The ATB scandals of the 90'as...Pocklington , the Ghermezian's who virtually were bankrupt, Peter Elzinga getting payback for getting Ralph elected, certain corps who were/are behind in taxes and royalties. He drew down the Heritage fund to add to general revenues...his royalty revue was sending a fellow around to oil companies to see how they were doing. We got screwed....big time., but he was likable...and conservative. Like Bill and Bill used to say" you could put a bale of hay as a conservative candidate...and it would win."
                    We got the government we needed...for now. We needed bill 6, not the way it was dished out....we need a carbon tax, not for the same reason they think, but it is time to stop the waste and pollution that Albertan's...including me, are spewing. Time to think... instead of being so damn "entitled", because we "work hard".....don't agree with the coal mine thing, but it is time to change....and just because your kids are bad, shouldn't make it right for my kids to get away with shit! Time to lead the way, set standarsds...do what is right....get serious about the shit we are doing.
                    The ND's, even though not popular, did the minimum wage thing, because it was promised....set the tone for the pay day loan crap.....have given tax breaks for new business. Have a new business in our area, due to this.
                    Again, not an Nd supporter, but a change was needed....and if you can't see that, my condolences.
                    Don't come back to this sight much anymore, seems like many like to wallow with each other in believing they are the only ones that are right and that gets old real quick...just think of all the trials and tribulations of many to get the right to vote for women, segregation, equal pay....change was never accepted.
                    Even idol Ralph said, when he deregulated electricity and it took a major jump....Aww, just put on a sweater and quit your whining....or something like that.
                    Cheers.

Comment

Not a lot to argue with there perfecho.

Comment

Perfecho good to hear from you.
                        I think anytime the government tries to pick winners and losers taxpayers lose, Pocklington and the Ghermezian's are good examples of that.
                        As for your assertion that we got screwed on royalties by Ralph. Jack Mintz wrote a good article on how the NDP actually lowered royalties on conventional oil and gas after their latest royalty review. If that is the case does that make them worse than Ralph?
                        As for the carbon tax if 66% of Albertan's are being rebated(according to the NDP) the full amount of carbon tax they pay, what incentive is there to change consumption patterns?
                        As for bill 6, ours is a family operation, the NDP made sure that now all I hire is family.
                        Minimum wage, the government gave small business a 1% cut in the small business tax rate as compensation for the increase in minimum wage, let's do the math. 10.20 to 15.00 by 2018. 40 hrs/week x 4.3 weeks/month x 12 months x 4.8$ increase per hour=9907.20 per year. Now if that small business did well and made 100000$ taxable income they would save 1000$. This is with only 1 employee. I for one don't believe you can raise a family on a 10 dollar minimum wage, I also don't think think you can increase business costs this much and expect costs not to go up somewhere to consumers!

And yes Grassfarmer I can argue with that. Still good to hear from you Perfecho.

Comment

Hey Hammy, at least a discussion can occur with those thoughts....agree, winners and losers are often picked by governments, for what ever reason, and this government will be similar. do believe on royalty review, many hands were tied, but do respect it was given out to industry leaders to take a look at. Timing was a big issue....the you tube Grassy had a link to was quite enlightening. And, I would have to agree, it is not great, however when the money could have been made, it wasn't. And, many friends got away with not even paying their fair share....
                          IMO, bill 6 was needed....everyone should be protected in this day and age, however, I only need occasional help, so that is contract stuff and doesn't effect me....although when I did hire, I was always nervous, due to not having coverage...my own fault. A lot of large, corporate holdings got away with too much...using foreign workers and not having coverage. I was disappointed however, that one couldn't use alternative insurance, it has to go through WCB.
                          The minimum wage....they are following through on an election promise. It can be argued in many ways, both sides, however, it was in her election platform, so it should be followed through on. I think it is does help some of the most vulnerable and even many US states have $15 as a minimum. Have a few friends who certainly were against it in their business, but....they are still heading off down south for the whole winter.
                          I do believe we are much better off, for a while, with this gov, clean some stuff up and am certainly glad the wild rose didn't get in....think our economy would be really in the tank if they had, but also don't want to see the ND's in for a long time. Although there is lots of spouting off on them, there does seem to be a "silent" portion, that are happy someone is doing something about the environment. Will be interesting....I still wished the Alberta Party could get something together.
                          Cheers

Comment

My wife would leave me if I ever involved myself in politics, even local ones ( which are a disaster here), so I won't be leading any revolutions.

For others its their friends; or family members.

I feel that is one of the reasons the system has made society ungovernable using the democratic model.

Thanks for summing it up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...