• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two months in Costa Rica

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two months in Costa Rica

What next?!? these monkeys all try to get away with as much as they can...

Manitoba premier says he'll be in Costa Rica six to eight weeks a year

He's been going there for years. I'd leave to if I had to deal with the mess the Commies left. I feel bad for this government. No matter what they do theres no fixing this mess without tough decisions which will eventually get them punted. Too many free loaders want there handouts no matter how bad our financial situation is in this province.

Comment

Sounds like a plan, he can skype to legislature. That's effective government. He won't have to sign the carbon tax papers unless you can sign by skype.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
        What next?!? these monkeys all try to get away with as much as they can...

Manitoba premier says he'll be in Costa Rica six to eight weeks a year
        Next legislative session is in march, he's got good people in place, i'm sure he can direct things from costa rica. I'm sure in the past 17 years that some of the people in power at the time also took vacations. Looking forward to a progressive MB.!

Comment

Too bad former ndp leader selinger didnt take a 52 week vaction every year. What a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by seabass View Post
            I feel bad for this government. No matter what they do theres no fixing this mess without tough decisions which will eventually get them punted.
            A parallel with the situation in Alberta then.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              A parallel with the situation in Alberta then.
              The ndp in alta were left with the lowest prov. debt. in the country, prob. the best roads in the country, the strongest economy, etc. Yep, let's see what they can do. And don't forget grass, alta's economy was far worse during the NEP era and last big downturn in oil prices.

Comment

Will take tough decisions in AB in 2018 and 19 to repair the damage left by the Notely wrecking crew. I sure hope we can just turn the switch back on at the coal fired generators for starters.

Comment

Hasn't even been in power for a year and already taking 6-8 weeks holidays, sounds to me that he's not that serious about fixing the mess. Why did he even become premier if he doesn't want to work hard and get the province on the right track. I guess holidays are more important to Jimbo then getting the job done!! You guys go ahead and make excuses for him.

Comment

Stonepicker What world do you live in The strongest economy ? It was in the tank before the election it just hadnt all settled yet. Tell me how the NDs sunk the price of oil,failed to get pipelines built,spent all our heritagefund,left a multi billion $ deficet in infrastructure, And did it all before being elected.. I think its about time you good old boys took some credit for the ****ed up mess we are in in tory blue alta.

Comment

Whoa whoa boys!!! He works 60 hour weeks when he is here!! Cut him some slack. That is 7am-7pm 5 days a week. He is over stressed and needs the holidays. Just lucky he is not asking for 12 weeks?
                      Seriously, politicians are a joke for working. How many days do they sit in the legislature? And dont tell me they dont have grunts to do their day to day crap! A couple PR appearances and then its vacation time. No wonder our country is headed into the shitter with all the free loading, help out my buddy, tax the hell out of everybody politicians! We need somebody to start making some hard decisions and straighten this country out.

Comment

Pallister is likely gone to hide from the twitter war that is dogging him for supporting the economy crushing carbon tax. He's lost support from many that voted for him over this.

Bipole 3 still going. Hydro is a mess. We have sky high provincial sales tax. Roads are screwed with no relief in sight.

It's not just Pallister. Our MLA , Cliff Cullen, is a floater like I have never seen. Total poser. Might as well be in Costa Rica too.

Unless things start to change, Pallister, Cullen, and friends will be on permanent vacation in 3 years, because they're going to get booted.

Comment

Braveheart, and replaced with what? NDP again or Liberals or a newly formed party called the "Manitoba Party", like Saskatchewan's Sask Party.... better hurry three years isn't much time to organize the movement. ...
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 19, 2016, 07:23.

Comment

Well that is the problem. I feel disenfranchised. There is no party that is fiscally conservative, yet socially liberal which seems to be where I am. There's a big vacuum for me.

My wife would leave me if I ever involved myself in politics, even local ones ( which are a disaster here), so I won't be leading any revolutions.

As far as a holiday, sure, the Premier can take a holiday. But, can his conscience? Last week homeless people froze to death on the mean streets of Winnipeg. Cruel irony to be a leader in a hot spot when the defenceless are dying from the cold.

Comment

Retired, where am i wrong? If alta. didn't have the strongest economy in canada, and lowest debt. then which prov. did? Some seem to forget the over 200 billion paid by alta. in transfer pmts. over a short 10 year period, not sure what the full total is over the decades. Which prov. had the strongest economy?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...