• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ducks Unlimited quacks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you read the article note what is given as reasons for the exploding snow goose population

[URL="http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/exploding-arctic-snow-geese-numbers-stabilizing-but-still-high-1.3095247"]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/exploding-arctic-snow-geese-numbers-stabilizing-but-still-high-1.3095247[/URL]

Funny the scientist quoted says they need to study more so as to get a better understanding of what's going on.
    They should just phone DU. They know best....
    Last edited by farming101; Dec 18, 2016, 08:55.

Comment

Not quite... our farm is about ten miles south west of those marshes... But I will keep that in mind when I buy my first Learjet, some where to park it. That is a "gliding" club.... around here we only walk with turkeys not soar with eagles...

on topic... we have no easements or caveats with DU.

Comment

Its really cool how google earth caught a picture of a jet flying over top the glider strip.

We have also had dealing with DU. they built a dam then the beavers made it better. lol. DU finally tore out their dam but the beavers have kept the water at a high level. As far as I know DU didn't put any caveats on our land but perhaps I better check.

Comment

I can say without any reservations that ducks unlimited and their cousins are the worst example of conservation that I have seen.

If the money funding these dumbass organizations were given to the landowners .....there would be much better results.

Comment

This whole story initiated by Ducks Unlimited sounds very sketchy.

Did they go to CKOM and get them to smear farmland owners?
            With the low skills and salaries in our media, of course they never questioned the validity of the story or verified with a farm group such as SARM, WCWGA, etc.

It appears the goal of DU is to convert land that produces crops into sloughs so their members can shoot a few ducks.

Comment

Thats exactly the problem Oliver. These news outfits just run with a story no matter what to stir up the bleeding hearts that don't have an F'n clue whether its factual or not. Look at tbe left wing media monkeys trying to find any reason to tear down Trump. Spew any shit and most people don't check to see if it has any validity. Gonna get worse I'm afraid.

Comment

Smeer campaign to give the grinders something to grind on. They are quacking up. They should buy their own land. Then they can turn it into one big dugout.

Comment

I do believe that not to long ago Sask3 and klause were braging about draning and who give a shit , I dont want that water so we will just let her go down stream and let the next guy wory about it,not my problem !!

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
                    I do believe that not to long ago Sask3 and klause were braging about draning and who give a shit , I dont want that water so we will just let her go down stream and let the next guy wory about it,not my problem !!
                    Water runs down hill. Who cares if it comes across you if everyone drains overall everyone wins in the end. Unless ppl are draining into a dead end slough they should be allowed to do what they want within reason. Good job sask 3 and Klause for upping the value of your farms and making them more productive! more tax base for the Rm and overall wealth creation.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                      Water runs down hill. Who cares if it comes across you if everyone drains overall everyone wins in the end.....
                      Well no actually, as water is the prize - the #1 commodity and it's free. Like DU I treasure it and want to retain as much as I can on my land. It's like money running into your pocket.

Comment

Don't forget co2 grassy nothing grows or lives on earth without it .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...