• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian Crop

Just getting bigger and bigger elevators at bursting point harvest maybe 65% done.

Quality OK to good meaning pecentages or high mid and low protein about same as normal.

Malt barley seems in excess of expectations as well.

Lentils and peas huge canola similar.

Prices remaing constant similar to last update I gave maybe a week back trading in a tight 5 to 6 dollar range.

Seems parts of us is in drought but my understanding of there drought monitoring means if rainfall in any given month fall x amounts below average there in drought even if previous months have been above average.

only real issues here are guys who got flooded out during growing season mostly in high rainfall areas.

So yields will make returns per acre around normal despite low prices.

Forward sales back in april 16 and jul of wheat barley helped and canola later in the year.

A few guys I know forward sold 16 crop in jul aug 15 meaning 2 years out there on around $312 to 315 port and no I wasn't one of them one chap did three years out hes on about 320 for the 2017 crop keep my eye on that one and see how it pans out for him.

Possibly you guys don't have buyer that will offer that to yet.

Another grain co offer two year contracts sellers discretion meaning say march 17 he has a forward price of say $260 dec 17 delivery or $272 dec 18,lets use 500t wheat delivery seller can decide I think first week of oct which year he wants sell in 17 or 18 and how many tonnes in each maybe all in 18 or 100 in 17 and 400 in 18.

Guess all this will become commonplace in western Canada as time goes on but you have unique storage handling and transportation issues I know.

Operating at our local elevator for various commodities Friday we 32 buyers some mostly export but some domestic and container operators. Big three AWB/Cargill, glencore and adm and the co-op WACBH and also chinese trader cofco. And another player not sure big or not but making a footprint CHS co=op believe there based in usa somewere, there co-op member may not even know there buying grain in Australia under the guise of a company called agfarm

ps sorry about previous post some of you got a giggle

Our main elevator just announced full of malt barley till further notice maybe for good.
    We will now deliver to a lesser site which has room maybe for a week and he says will rail some out to make space or we run the gauntlet of grading and deliver direct to port.
    Silo bags on farm storage other thinking will build on farm bunkers

Have other super well off farming friends who are still sitting on 30 even 40% of last years harvest cant see the logic, if you have a figure you will sell at you have to have rationale behind it other than prices are to low and they will rise, well these guys still waiting for there mythical figure.

Comment

Not exactly sure but we must be year 12 of part deregulated market and year I think 8 since single desk went even the most avid single desk supporters have moved on using new system may not entirely agree with it but mostly there sons are running the farm now and have adapted.

Really only the one percenters that want single desk back,,,one percenters sounds like biker talk

Thast my last post on this Saturday night harvesting tomorrow might post some more pics for yall and merry xmas to you and all you families seems were gonna have heat for 24th/25th high 30s may nearly touch 40 been a cool summer thus far though

Comment

I'd be surprised if 1% would vote that way here.
        Good to hear about your crop. Reminds me to sell last of malt.
        -31 here. Warming by xmas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...