• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manage Peoples Lives, quote from thread below, who agrees?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referendum gives the power to the voters and holds politicians accountable.

A referendum is required if Trudeau tries to change the way we vote and should be used for a large tax increase such as a "carbon tax/cash grab".

Referendums scares the Laurentian Elites in eastern Canada who "know better" than the simple peasants.....especially westerners?!

Comment

I think we should vote with our tax returns. Government costs and new initiatives are assigned a %. You check the boxes you're willing to pay for. A minimum would be set but if you're a bleeding heart libtard you can volunteer to pay more for sticking your nose in other people's business . On the flip side the parties endorse the options they support. The results are compared and MP's selected.

Comment

You are going to get proportional representation, and a system that has the NDP salivating to see it happen because they understand the fact of the sympathy vote tends to go left.

Comment

ado o89
          of course it makes perfect sense to check and pay for the programs you support.

with that in mind , with2- 3 % farmers you could pretty well cut out crop insurance ,NISI.
          and any disaster programs.

and only sick folks would fund medicare.
          it would work real well then

if you check that you do not want to pay for social programs.
          does that mean you have to pay more for policing and prisons.

maybe you do not want to pay to educate your people,
          o that would really help the country.

if you vote for a govt. that collects no royalties from the resources of the province.
          does that mean you personally should have to pay a tax to make up the difference.

if you assumed that Norway had pumped as much oil as alberta the last 40 years.
          does that mean the 80% of conservative voters in alberta that gave it away ,
          should have to make up the difference to the 20% NDPers
          like 100s of thousands each. Nice

should only NDP voters in sask. get benifits of potash royalties.

should the people that voted sask party in the last election be the on the hook for
          boyd's gifts to his buddies.

if your party prevents me from accessing my farm inputs at a competitive world
          price, does that mean you will send me a cheque for the difference.

accountability works both ways
          conserv tards do not get that

Comment

Sawfly I do get tired of the constant Norway comparison. Alberta is a province and as such since 2000 we have payed Ottawa over 200 billion more dollars in personal and corporate taxes than we have received back in federal transfers. We also do not have access to tidewater like Norway does and are land locked limiting our markets for our oil. Statoil just divested itself of it's holdings in the oilsands, if we are giving our oil away wouldn't they have retained their holdings? As for Alberta PC governments being poor money managers, I agree 100%, but so is every other provincial government in Canada. And the NDP presently in power in Alberta are imo worse than the PC's ever were with money management. Actually reduced royalties below where the PC's were and are giving subsidies to business trying to attract jobs.

Comment

Sawfly one other point, Alberta's Contards as you call them did a few things right. I took a look at labour participation rates across Canada and even with our high unemployment rate under the NDP this is the labor participation rates across Canada November 2016: Alta 72.9 Sask 70.1 Man 67.1 BC 64.5 Ont 64.8 Que 64.5 source stats Can. Also interesting to note Quebec has the cheapest daycare in Canada but tied for lowest participation rate.

Comment

i agree i am no expert on all the finances of the oil industry.

but on the surface it looks like Norway handled the windfall a whole lot
                better than alberta. at least in retaining some ownership in it.
                ( a lib tard , move if i ever saw one)

i am not esp. keen on carbon tax either.

but to suggest as some have here, that only lib tard policy's cost us , in the long run

has medicare cost u more in the long run
                40% less cost health care, than south of the border.

we have just heard how conservative type policies of creating private rail monopolies, have cost us 5-6 billion.$
                and will cost more in the future. and signed trade deals , that prevent fixing it .

the list goes on and on,

conservatives seem to miss that
                a government action , or inaction (like with the railways)
                does not have to be a tax
                to cost us all. dearly

Comment

The problem with the lack of checks and balances in Canada is we drag the ship for 8 to 12 years one way, then we drag her back the other: a case in point made most clear by the Trudeau government that set to immediately undue any of Harper's fiscal restrains within days of the change.

Checks and balances, folks, we lack them, we will likely never have them, but it costs our nations dearly.

Comment

it is just a different way of wasting money under trudeau.

but in general the same people are calling the shots.

just as south of the border, the main parties take turns
                    steering the ship for the global corporations that own them.

the media fiddles with non issues like the senate scandal ,
                    to keep the masses entertained otherwise occupied.

while billions of $ of farmers money flow to the grain co.s
                    because of the rail crisis.

now with the govt. change , when things fall apart again, in the rail system,
                    since nothing has been to fix it . or will be under trudeau .

farmers will riot in the streets this time , because now at least it is trudeau's fault.

and the western canadian
                    wheat growers,
                    will again , want to give the poor railroads more and more $ to reward poor service
                    again and again . definition of stupidity

the cycle of history will repeat itself.

and all will be well at CN and CP

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...