• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March Minneapolis wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March Minneapolis wheat

Closed over 5.40. Highest close in the March since June 28.

Not sure it means anything right now. Guess you could say it's doing tolerable well
    A close above 5.45 would be something to take notice of. Could be another dime in it if that happens

I'm sold out and will only be watching for information purposes.... You know I don't like pricing way out on later futures months without known quality and quantity. And I don't trade paper.

With Aussie's good wheat crop(quality and quantity), I've got to wonder how much upside there is in the "good wheat" market.

Any thoughts?

We're hauling wheat today.

Comment

This morn. Viterra $6.31 for March delivery..#2.13.5 pro..
      Last edited by Partners; Dec 15, 2016, 10:34. Reason: missed the decimal point.

Comment

Another good day for Minneapolis wheat

Looks like some US domestic demand is part of the reason
        5.44 and a quarter; close enough

Not much #1 being exported from Canada this year, #2 export prices are not holding up too good.
        USA all wheat exports are much above Canada's so far this year.

Chart title should read Weeks 1-19 not Aug -Oct. Up to date as of about Dec 8-11

Click image for larger version

Name:	All wheat exports CAN USA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	765295
        Last edited by farming101; Dec 16, 2016, 21:39.

Comment

Harvest wasn't over in Canada until early December. Some still aren't done. So maybe the merchants were playing a wait and see game....funny, we are expected to presell unknown quantity and quality yet these guys can't sell what they don't know they'll have...hypocritcal. If that accounts for the lagging exports.

Comment

Only good quality wheat is short: CWRS high protein.

Wheat, wheat everywhere but not much high protein wheat.

Comment

The stuff we hauled in so far ranged from about 14-15% Px. Number one. I would have liked to hold out for a better price but greed has taught me more than one lesson in my life! We're making money but don't we all want to maximize the return? I'm not the type who thinks if you sell for "just above break-even" you're making money. That is the absolute least you should hope for, I'm not doing this just to meet expenses! Sometimes there is nothing you can do to be profitable, last year was bad for us... good quality by not much of it. Game of averages....

Back at it today... fricking "chilly".

Comment

Hey Farma, take care out there. Much better weather next week.

If anything went wrong today, I'd sure be calling it
                Bang your finger, trip on a cow turd, anything....

Comment

.....limited space
                  .....only allowed to haul 1/2 of our contract
                  .....going to quit when it's time for the vac, afraid to take that tractor out in this
                  .....trying to be part of the solution, not the problem
                  .....holy crap its cold
                  .....got three tridems.in before dinner
                  .....Christmas cookie decorating this evening for mine and my sisters young adult children. ..kinda a tradition....family time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...