• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite Christmas treat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rum soaked dark fruitcake. ymmm...

Comment

Sumdum. Your menu is enticing. I love headcheese ... with a drizzle of vinegar on top. And pickled pigs feet are a emotional tradition for me. Would love to come and founder on your perogies. Did I ever tell you I make perogi dough with mashed potatoes? But I rice potatoes before I add them to the dough... I cal them Swedish perogies... ! Maybe we can finally make it to your cottage next summer. Thx for the invite. Pars
      Last edited by parsley; Dec 14, 2016, 07:10.

Comment

Originally posted by rockpile View Post
        Rum soaked dark fruitcake. ymmm...
        I'll take two slices, please.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
          I'd like to weigh in on this topic, but my scale doesn't go that high!
          C'mon check, share your weakness with us; what you long for...

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
            My mother's version of a crown jewel dessert. That smoked salmon sounds awesome.
            Agreed. Especially on top of crispy thinbread. With a thin layer of butter.. Pars. What wine to drink with it?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Halvah to me is very rich....good with cold milk though...tempers the sweetness. Our local store has some pre-cut and packaged. I remember my parents buying it in about 8x12x2 inch tins. I bought it in about the same size plastic containers. So is it vanilla and vanilla/chocolate marble flavors.

Parsley, I'll get a couple of the packages of Halvah and send them to you... in appreciation of the things you sent me.
              Yep farmaholic, tastes great with milk, i prefer the vanilla, i buy the bigger plastic containers also. It is rich but not really sweet imo.

Comment

Smoked salmon.I have combined a few recipes to get what I like in amount.t of salt etc.i use a bradley smoker hickory pucks.start.

Comment

New guy, have you tried smoking pickerel? Or alpaca?

Comment

Okay!

I have a hunting friend who outfitted his vehicle with a sign that says "all God's creatures have a place in life right next to the potatoes and gravy".

Give me a cinnamon bun, and I will sit in the corner, and be quiet the rest of the evening.

Comment

I have smoked beef brisket.deer jerky and beef jerky. ever pickerel or alpaca.I usually smoke the meat stronger than Comercial stuff.Have used beer instead of water for brine.it works well.Brisket are real cool to do but a lot of work and results vary.

Comment

Halvah ingredients...made in Kweebeck

Everthing in my world is turned upside down.... sorry folks, lock your screen rotation.
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 14, 2016, 16:41.

Comment

The other treat I love anytime, but Christmas is a great excuse, is my wife's homemade doughnuts. Little knots of delicious dough, fried brown, no glaze or sugar. They are so good. If you've ever had beignets at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans, they're like that, but better, and no line up to get them. Just got to do some sweet talkin' and . . . some more sweet talkin'.

Comment

Main Course: Lutefisk

Dessert: Lefse

Appetizer: Smoked oysters

Comment

Nothing better than my wife's Christmas fruit cake with a cup of tea.

Comment

Tis so interesting to read about your favourite holiday treats.

It reminds me how important food production is. It reminds me how some people in third world countries hunt for enough food for one day, whilst we have every treat available, even if we have only 90 growing days.

Farmers and food are a team. A marvellous team.

Don't forget the barley you'll buy for The holidays.. pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...