• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK tweety..this is the atiitude that bothers me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK tweety..this is the atiitude that bothers me

Some strong green energy promoter recently wrote the following

" I am looking seriously at installing a grid tied ground mount solar system that will be much cheaper in the long term than buying all our electricity from sask power. Neighbor already has one and I am waiting to see how it performs."

Not real committed statement...a whole lot like my stance...everyone shouldn't abandon the past and go off in 10 directions where its obvious nine projects will fail because of faulty logic, unforseen complications etc. etc.

In the next 100 pages of equivalent of comic book sketches of futuristic vehicles and tying prototypes and theoretical science fiction together...it is decreed that all proven technolgy must be banned, taxed to death and that society move on ....over the all but dead bodies of those who created the comforts that we now enjoy. Thanks a lot; but I don't trust those prophets. Parts that should happen...will happen, that is the ones that will stand on their own and make gains in productivity, efficiency and sustainabilty. The rest shouldn't be allowed to happen (on a potentially crippling scale) because in the long run they will have made no sense and possibly done great harm. Where errors are deliberately made there should be accountability; if you plan on taking the praise and rewards for the good ideas that materialize. Those are my opinions.

Premature, foolhardy.....not ready yet on a full scale basis

it is exactly what many are tired of hearing. the old do as i say not as i do religion. starting from the king maggots down to the little maggots. nikola electric semi trucks is just a bait and switch scheme many have lost investment on the premise of battery power to oh now we have something better. wait for it. the hydrogen scam has been tried and tested many years ago. the conversion costs of energy required is not sustainable or realistic to say the least. safe storage and transport of hydrogen mutes oil on rail or pipelines. 38 million for renos on 24 sussex not one solar shingle wonder why.

Comment

"Renewable" energy really is still in the realm of comic books and imaginations.
      Take, for instance, Manitoba Hydro's solar power grid-tie program. They will rebate up to $30,000 per project at a rate of $1000/kwh. According to Hydro, industry estimates a cost of $3000/kwh for residential or commercial/agriculture sized projects.
      I ran some numbers through the calculator they supplied using current hydro rates. Payback on initial investment is pushing 20 years. Does that sound like a good investment?

Comment

What is Carbon foot print on hydro power? Doesn't Sask get most it's power from Gardener Hydro Dam?

Comment

Gardiner dam is for peak. It can be turned on and off.

Evraz has a dedicated plant more or less....they get a cut rate if at peak they are told to stop melting that breaks sequence.

Comment

Oneoff, i don't think any of that matters. There are many who just want to do it - precision ag is a great example of farmers spending huge amounts of money and time giving data away to companies who sell it and make profit, while for the farmer its not proven to be useful as a ROI at all. Yet the hype continues.

Let them blaze the trail for the rest of us. Hype can bring a disastrous end to some things, but can also inspire even more innovations.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...