• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Education again

My grade 12 just told me that she was told in class today that our First Nations receive only $5 per month and DO need a hunting license , can anyone confirm or deny this? I would like a little more insight before I call the school tommorow.
    I don't think this is correct.

Oh boy... is this a popcorn thread?

Comment

Sounds about right.

The other billion stays in the chief's pocket. :-0

Comment

Housing is provided by reserve, monthly reserve payments, depending on prosperity of reserve. Some have on-reserve jobs with no tax. Many young today are getting good educations and make excellent employees. Some I have worked with are super to work with. The picture painted of those on-reserve living in pverty, those in gangs, in prison is certainly not the story of all. More success stories should be told.

Comment

I seen a news clip a while ago about a lady who was pressuring her band office to open the bands books to explain where the $250 million went but I can't seem to find anything on it now, I think it was in Saskatchewan.
          Not really wanting to stir the pot but I would like to know what there teaching our kids is accurate, after last weeks announcement I will be paying closer attention to what my kids are taught

Comment

The $12 Billion federal $$ better go some where needed, they should all be retired on easy street.

Comment

There was a program on tv back about 3 mabey more yrs about housing going into northern ont rerserves some where that was made and transported from BC. Now I dont think the bands did this,It would be very interesting
              to see how much of the 12 billion gets syphoned off before it ever crosses on to the reserve, I think the indians are getting screwed just like they did 150 yr ago. And there is as many fat whites as indians.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                I seen a news clip a while ago about a lady who was pressuring her band office to open the bands books to explain where the $250 million went but I can't seem to find anything on it now, I think it was in Saskatchewan.
                Not really wanting to stir the pot but I would like to know what there teaching our kids is accurate, after last weeks announcement I will be paying closer attention to what my kids are taught
                Think the reserve is Onion Lake north of lloydminster. Oil rich band with their own oil companies which have done well for themselves. The crux lies with the chief and his inner circle are not on appropriating funds properly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...