• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikola hydrogen electric semi trucks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikola hydrogen electric semi trucks

AgStar mentioned Nikola hydrogen electric trucks in a previous post. Go take a look as it is an interesting website. Says they will be ready by 2020!

If this works this will be a game changer.

What happens to the price of oil after large scale adoption? Anyone care to speculate?

https://nikolamotor.com/one

100% ZERO EMISSIONS
    HYDROGEN POWERED
    800 - 1,200 MILE RANGE
    15 MINUTE REFILL TIME
    NEVER PLUG IN
    100% ELECTRIC DRIVE
    THE END OF DIESEL ENGINES
    1/2 THE OPERATING COST COMPARED TO DIESEL
    2,000 FT. LBS TORQUE
    1,000 HORSEPOWER
    320 kWh BATTERY
    1 MILLION MILES FREE* HYDROGEN FUEL
    REGENERATIVE BRAKING
    NO COMPETITION

RESERVE YOURS FOR ONLY $1,500
    100% Refundable deposit
    Nikola One

U.S. Xpress Anticipates Placing Multimillion Dollar Orders for Nikola Electric Trucks Print This E-mail This Nikola Motor Co. Truckload carrier U.S. Xpress Inc. formally announced its plans Dec. 8 to be an early adopter of the recently unveiled zero-emission, hydrogen-electric Class 8 Nikola One truck from Nikola Motor Co. If the eventual testing of the unprecedented truck goes as well as anticipated, Chattanooga, Tennessee-based U.S Xpress said in a statement provided to Transport Topics it “believes it will be a multimillion dollar investment once the Nikola One moves into production [in 2020].” RELATED: U.S. Xpress looks to the future with Nikola electric trucks “Much like our recent collaboration with Freightliner and its Next-Generation Cascadia semi-truck, the Nikola One is another example of how U.S. Xpress continues to work closely with its manufacturers to identify opportunities where cutting-edge technologies and the latest advancements in clean fuels can be used to conserve more energy, lower gas emissions and reduce the overall carbon footprint of our fleet, Max Fuller, chairman and CEO of U.S. Xpress, said in a separate statement. RELATED: Elon Musk announces Tesla plan to build heavy trucks “U.S. Xpress drivers are going to have one of the most environmentally sound trucks on the road that they are going to love to drive,” Trevor Milton, CEO and founder of Nikola Motor Co., said in a statement. “Each state-of-the-art cab comes complete with full-sized beds, large closet, full size refrigerator and freezer, microwave, television, internet and electronic climate control.” U.S. Xpress Enterprises ranks No. 19 on the Transport Topics Top 100 list of the largest U.S. and Canadian for-hire carriers. It is also the second-largest privately held TL carrier in the nation, the company said. By Transport Topics

Read more at: http://ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=44212&t=US-Xpress-Anticipates-Placing-Multimillion-Dollar-Orders-for-Nikola-Electric-Trucks

Comment

https://cleantechnica.com/2016/08/30/nikola-motor-company-completely-drops-plans-battery-electric-semitrucks-despite-taking-10-5-million-reservation-deposits-focus-now-hydrogen-fuel-cell-trucks/

Comment

Nikola Motors Introduces Hydrogen-Electric Semi Truck

by David Z. Morris

@davidzmorris

December 4, 2016, 5:49 PM EST

It’s lighter, cheaper, and more powerful than a diesel.

On Thursday in Salt Lake City, the Nikola Motor Company unveiled the Nikola One, the world’s first hydrogen fuel-cell electric freight truck. The full-scale, zero-emission semi will offer a range between 800 and 1200 miles, and produce 1,000 horsepower, about twice that of an average diesel truck. The company also claims it will operate at half the cost of a comparable diesel truck.

The truck will also feature regenerative braking, weight about 2,000 pounds less than a diesel truck, and have 2,000 foot pounds of torque, allowing it to accelerate with a full load much faster than a diesel truck.

Get Data Sheet, Fortune’s technology newsletter.

The company will begin delivering vehicles in 2020, partnering with Fitzgerald to build the first 5,000. It will start work on its own production facility next year, and says that after that it will be able to build 50,000 trucks a year.

Hydrogen fuel cells are a zero-emission technology, but the fueling infrastructure is extremely rare in the United States. Nikola says it will solve that problem through vertical integration, producing and distributing its own hydrogen. The company will deploy 364 hydrogen stations across the U.S. and Canada, which CEO and founder Trevor Milton told Cnet will be completed within ten years. That’s one of several ways the company is shadowing Elon Musk’s Tesla Motors, right up to its name—also taken from 19th century innovator Nikola Tesla.

Nikola Motor Company only revealed itself in May, but according to Milton has been working in stealth mode for years as it perfected its product. The Nikola One showcased last week was, according to reporters on-site, fully functional.

Comment

your right chucky, this will start to change how we power highway and ag, JD has there 400 electric tractor idea out there now also. But what about the poor sob that cant afford to buy new, Turdos tax will keep him in the poor house. Ironically, it will be his favorite people, the immigrants who are hit the worst since they are driving down the rates in highway hauling and will be behind the wheel of a lot of the rigs in the next 5 to 10 years. Maybe the idiot has a master plan, I kinda doubt it though.

Comment

Binthere. Your story is out of date and I couldn't open the link. The 2 stories I posted are from early December.

Comment

And the states didn't have to go to a federal carbon tax to encourage this development.

Comment

Lots of driving jobs going to disappear with self driving vehicles too. That may be a long way off.

But I think many on agriville struggle with the concept of a low carbon future. Here is a possible solution.

As with all new technologies there are going to slow adopters and those who fall by the wayside. I am sure that during the steam era some farms could not fathom how they were going to afford a gasoline or diesel powered tractor.

Comment

100% Refundable 1500! GL with that!

Comment

Just imagine if the railways actually wanted the business?

1000 hp for 40 tonnes at a crack. ...instead of 10000 tonne unit trains.....geez.us.... ...
                    Last edited by bucket; Dec 12, 2016, 21:04.

Comment

I may be a dreamer, but hydrogen would br a game changer. It has been a long time coming. Hope they get it right. Safety is always a concern, but if it works, trucks, trains and planes would become super cheap to run. Savings would trickle down, think?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        Lots of driving jobs going to disappear with self driving vehicles too. That may be a long way off.

But I think many on agriville struggle with the concept of a low carbon future. Here is a possible solution.

As with all new technologies there are going to slow adopters and those who fall by the wayside. I am sure that during the steam era some farms could not fathom how they were going to afford a gasoline or diesel powered tractor.

At the rate we are going maybe those that couldn't fathom affording gas and diesel were ahead of their time.

Comment

If those new trucks won't roll coal like our Kenworth, wy would I want one?

Comment

I agree with bucket expanding the railways would drop the carbon foot print by taking trucks off the road. But as SK3 says, follow the money, railways control the politicians, stuffing their pockets

Comment

I have an old mack that can run without any electricity! Go figure.
                              Now, I dont seem to recall the govt legislating or taxing steam out the door.
                              Remember it as better technology for the day winning out.
                              When the next better tech comes along, great. But creating false economy to bullshit everyone into buying a Belarus or Lada??
                              Change will come. Cant we let it happen naturally?
                              Geez, we cant afford to repair our hi-tech combines! You want everything to cost 5 digits to trace a computer glitch? And you want it rfn? Sounds like there will be a huge roar of relief when all us old decrepit denier luddites are dead and gone!
                              Actually, wait till I am so you smug fellows can pay for it all! You want it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...