• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much planning do you do in your operation.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much planning do you do in your operation.

There are three partners in our operation and we all are very busy.

I think we need to get together and discuss all of the big issues more often.

Do others have a more formal planning approach?

Monthly? In Dec?

We have gotten away from regular meetings and I am trying to figure out how to make it work better.

Thanks,

Usually we do one family trip and that is where ideas problems etc are discussed its amazing how after a few days of relaxation and away discussion happens for good or bad. But usually every one returns home better for it.

Comment

If sitting at the table having morning coffee I scribble up a seeding plan regularly.....when I get a common theme for each field it's set ....then the few out quarters for changes later. ...

Then it's on to fertilizer and spray needs.....

The cows just keep eating ..... and I get out to feed them.....then I come back and do the math on selling the combines and buying cows......dum tee dum.....lol.
      Last edited by bucket; Dec 12, 2016, 08:28.

Comment

Ich bin der Chef und nehme keine Befehle!

Oh my....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Ich bin der Chef und nehme keine Befehle!

Oh my....
          " I am the chef and .... bottle washer?" My german is limited shultz.

Comment

Cryptic but funny.....

Comment

Same rotation every yr.all crop planning done in Oct..
              Wife and I agree on everything..life is easy.

Comment

We keep doing the same thing every year and HOPE for a different result... guess what... NEVER get the same results...weather/markets alter the outcome...the quote "best laid plans of mice and men". Oh and gov's throw wrenches into plans too.
                Last edited by fjlip; Dec 12, 2016, 21:18.

Comment

we try to have a balanced crop rotation.. mother nature will throw curves at us so we are a little flexible.. always have seed oats cleaned just incase..

probably cutting back on flax acres and adding a 4th crop.. what it will be? doing our homework now.

Comment

There is four partners in our operation. Mom and dad who are incorporated and my brother and I who aren't. We try to have a weekly meeting for about two hours where we do planning, budgeting, and troubleshooting. My dad does all the purchasing, mom does all the accounting and paperwork, my brother takes care of the cropping side, and I feed cows and do the marketing. We all have our own land, equipment, and the cows but run it as one operation.

As my folks have been traveling more (well deserved) my wife has been stepping up more and I am so proud of her. She'll take one kid in the discbine while I got one in the chopper since childcare is non existent around here.

Generally we agree on everything so it makes it work pretty well.
                    Last edited by woodland; Dec 15, 2016, 08:14. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...