• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth races towards its sixth mass extinction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth races towards its sixth mass extinction

Could be "good" news....

Nearly half the species on the planet are failing to cope with the global warming the world has already experienced, according to an alarming new study that suggests the sixth mass extinction of animal life in the Earth’s history could take place in as little as 50 years.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/half-the-worlds-species-failing-to-cope-with-global-warming-as-earth-races-towards-its-sixth-mass-extinction/ar-AAlqs5G?li=AAggFp5

With so much LESS farting and EXHALING the wicked pollutant C02, we should be cooling in no time!

It's the life cycle of the Earth to heat and then cool and then heat and then cool.

Can't say an extinction of already low population animals would have much effect on any emissions though. Don't think Polar Bears are known for their methane production. And any primary grazer that goes extinct and may produce methane would be a loss in the carbon sequestering process.

Ah if only it were cut and dried so mockery of either side could be successful!

Comment

Let's just put 400ppm of CO2 and our current global temperature into perspective.

Comment

On that chart CO2 is a joke compared to millions of years ago. Where is the temp scale? Are we near the coldest of times? If so lets try and get COLDER!

Comment

Strange how people will drag out graphs,statistics and scintests ,when it they thing in there favor but deny it all when they dont agree. How does science become relevant and erelevent at the same time. ??

Comment

Where's the all mighty global warming? After all the ice caps are melting, how they are ,elting is beyond me, but all these researcher, scientists can't be wrong, can they be? Or do their pockets still have some room in them?

Comment

Climate change

There does not appear to be any correlation between CO2 and temperature.

Orher graphs that I have seen show temperatures flattening out at either warm eras like we are in now or cold eras (ice ages).

I am pretty sure we could survive any warm era. Even an era warmer than we are currently experiencing.

What I am less confident in, is our ability to survive an ice age. Oh, I am sure we could figure out how to stay warm, but can we produce enough food for 6 to 9 billion people. I am not sure how long we can feed 9 billion people even if it remains warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                There does not appear to be any correlation between CO2 and temperature.

Orher graphs that I have seen show temperatures flattening out at either warm eras like we are in now or cold eras (ice ages).

I am pretty sure we could survive any warm era. Even an era warmer than we are currently experiencing.

What I am less confident in, is our ability to survive an ice age. Oh, I am sure we could figure out how to stay warm, but can we produce enough food for 6 to 9 billion people. I am not sure how long we can feed 9 billion people even if it remains warm.
                i was just thinking of that today when cbc was interviewing some syrian refugees after a year in canada . they were painting a joyous picture of this . but no one thought to ask him why he had no job yet , or why they had 9 kids, in a country like that ???? but its our problem now

Comment

Even during the "ice ages" the ice was NOT all over earth, just in Canada and northern US.
                  We just all move to the equatorial areas and kill each other for the very limited food available.

Comment

It looks like mass extinctions can occur under under many CO2 levels.

Could it be that a minor atmospheric gas is irrelevant in the process?

No, that can't be.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...