• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmer Owned Commodity hub. Comtrax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmer Owned Commodity hub. Comtrax

Well attended meetings last week in Weyburn, Regina and Carlyle considering the miserable weather. Farmer interest great but amazed how much buzz we are getting on the industry side. A lot of excitement for this concept.

Look forward to meetings this week. For more information on meetings and how to contact us check out www.comtrax.ca follow us on twitter at @comtraxlogsol

So far surveys at meetings have returned overwhelmingly positive response.

We are raising seed money to prepare us for large fundraise and we are at 25% of our target from Thursday and Fridays meetings, with many follow ups to happen.

People stepping up to get involved as we want to add to our working group.

Hope people take advantage of the opportunity to come here about the work that has gone into this project already.

Give us more info. What, where, when, how, why?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Give us more info. What, where, when, how, why?
        Why? Producers have very little influence in the service and market beyond our farm gates. Has to change, and the best part is it's a great investment opportunity to diversify the farm into other commodities.

Comment

Is FNA showing any interest? Shame on me.

Any one can build infrastructure, the key or trick is marketing and distribution. Sounds like a build it and they will come mega project at this point.

Don't get me wrong I like the concept, but...

Comment

Good idea but how do you protect the industry from stealing it from the farmers.....again.

Collusionary tactics to say the industry was unhealthy led to an easy equity shift of swp to shareholders and families.....now an industry major player with essentially the same facilities they said were worthless.....

Then selling a turnkey WIT for a fraction of what it was actually worth.

Etc etc etc....how do protect farmers investment?
            Last edited by bucket; Dec 12, 2016, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post

Any one can build infrastructure, the key or trick is marketing and distribution. Sounds like a build it and they will come mega project at this point.

FNA has had people at our meetings. What we are proposing significantly different than their model. For example you acitally get shares we will be fully capitalized.. And our project actually has a real chance of getting built.. Fee for service grain facilty will have invested users. Trans loading oil also significant difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post

Not a build it and they will come.. Commercial traders will be in place before building.

Id like to hear the but part? Feedback welcome. Have you been to one of our presentations?

Comment

google west asutralian co-operative bulk handler or wacbh.
                  successful still going growers have massive amounts of equity but alas cant turn it into cash apparently when they exit farmers or very little of it.

another one successful is moulamein co-op
                  http://www.moulameingrain.com.au/index.php/contact-us

someone mentioned Weyburn terminal that happen here as well turn key co-op thet become to good for own business and they get bought out by one of the corporates thus lessineing competiton or threats

we still currently working on a project as well with 10 fatmers exporting to china in containers in a co-op set up 100 farmers but alas seed capital hard to come by doubt it will happen

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    google west asutralian co-operative bulk handler or wacbh.
                    successful still going growers have massive amounts of equity but alas cant turn it into cash apparently when they exit farmers or very little of it.

another one successful is moulamein co-op
                    http://www.moulameingrain.com.au/index.php/contact-us

someone mentioned Weyburn terminal that happen here as well turn key co-op thet become to good for own business and they get bought out by one of the corporates thus lessineing competiton or threats

we still currently working on a project as well with 10 fatmers exporting to china in containers in a co-op set up 100 farmers but alas seed capital hard to come by doubt it will happen
                    We are not limiting ourselves to farmers for Capitol. It would be wonderful if it could be 100% farmer owned and farmers are having first opportunity. But our project is so much more than grain handling it has gained a lot of attention from outside investors. Our model is a fully capitalized model no borrowing. We are confident farmers will come through for big portion. It's a lot of hard work. We are holding the last one of 11 meetings today in this round and have presented to anyone who would listen. Hope to push over 250 farmer attendees in total for our meetings. So far response has been great.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...