• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found it

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found it

I 2 years back.mentioned a few days ago we had a mobile fuel tanker stolen.
    Rang a mate who said yeah id love to help come for a fly this arvo.
    Drove into nearest airfield about 60 kms away and away we went in a 2 seater.
    So were looking for it in 2000 acres of scrub,and pilot who by the way was involved in search for missing Malaysian airliner 2 years back.

Anyway did a fly around of perimeter and pilot commented if its in here its easy peasy wasn't that thick from air. So we moved from west to east in a north south fly by. Found 4 if not 5 cars,a ute, a stieger tractor, something unidentified and partly concealed under some trees which we thought was our tanker.
    Getting toward the end and pilot said not much to go mate and basically as he finished the sentence he said there it is, did a swing around and bugger me you think we could find it again took us about 3 minutes did a few loops to get bearings.

Flew back to airport .

Rang my guys on the ground and gave them rough gps probably within in 200 metres by 200 metres its will be easy to find I said.

Had photos of all the gear we spotted. rang again once landed and they said the scrub is as thick a s a greek grandmas beard,didnt look that way from air. Now thinking we will have to do this agin tomorrow with them in the scrub watching us. So driving back to scene about a hour they rang and said they found it.

Police duly arrive and want me to find all the other gear on the ground found three cars and stieger but not other stuff yet.

Said to the copper have we go enough evidence to prosecute and guess what they said no, so we have a suspect, we found it on his property have tyre tracks and they say no doesn't mean he put it there could have been anyone. Finger prints inconclusive. They hope with questioning they may fess up.

So seems the law protects the guilty. Other error we made we shouldn't have entered the property to find tanker should have waited for coppers, trespass.

Long and short of it we got tanker back and ps the diesel was emptied.

Now to make it stranger hope you get this, the tanker was behind a shed basically couldn't see it from road. This property we rent from the alleged theif, so you got it?? We rent the property and the owner of the land stole it from us so he wanted his rent money plus free diesel lol. Fair to say we wont be renting from him again.

Never a dull moment

Will post some pics when I have time

PS you guys would get bored if I wasn't on here eh!! sorry for my ramblings from down under.

pps wheat jumped overnight, mother bin 170 tonne due today, found mobile tanker, only down side to the week was glasses went up a auger and bound for china on a load of malt barley I geuss.
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Dec 9, 2016, 14:59.

I enjoy your stories and life experiences, nice to hear what's happening in other countries.

Comment

A good drone is very handy for searching from the sky, its funny all the stuff you can see from the sky.
      Glad you found it and I'm hopping you post some pictures.

Comment

Great story.
        Funny how the crooks can sometimes be dressed as neighbours.

Comment

Latest is the police have a few excellent finger prints.

More will be known this week I presume, but its a mobile fuel tanker god knows whos prints though mine one of the workman or the perpertrator.

And were having no luck finding 3500 litres of diesel no tracks near his tanks so maybe in 1000 lt chem shuttles somewere.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...