• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok this is some cold shit. Maybe were back to normal!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retired....but this "weather" reminds me of how important it is to have a safe, reliable, dependable source of energy. Maybe the none-essential stuff needs to be looked at closer.....like taking Junior in an air conditioned SUV to the artificial ice hockey rink in July and August. Re-read that over and over until it makes sense.....which it never will if energy conservation is the goal.

Comment

First, please no talk of war. Nov. 11 was just a month ago. Forget already?

But, on climate, the thing that gets me is, a lot of city people whining about climate change. Usually, the whiners are the upper middle class. The ones that live in houses far bigger than they need. The ones that drive to work despite mass transit, and when they drive they are driving a large SUV. The parking lot at Costco in Wpg is full of Audi Q7s, Tahoe Denalis, etc.

I live in the environment. I work outside. Our cows, crops etc live because of the environment not in spite of the environment. I am the environment. When Suzuki-ites tell me I need to do what what they say cause I'm just a denier that doesn't know, well, that just, makes, me, want to go, BERSERK! (Insert Billy Jack clip here).

Comment

A full scale nuclear war? You've got to be nuts! It's not just a big boom and a mushroom cloud, it's the radiation fallout that will quickly kill all life on earth. Einstein once said "I don't know how WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones". As for for this man made climate change thing, I guess we'll know in about a hundred years LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Not sure that we are doing any favours for our side of this debate by encouraging nuclear war on politicians. Things like this just offer more fodder for the leftwing extremists to use against us. Lets stick with facts?
          Not just leftwing extremists, anyone with a modicum of intelligence. I guess the "Rebel Commander's" supporters don't even posses that. Way to go making a fool of yourselves guys!

Comment

I don't know about your thermometer, retired, but the older I get the more I crave indirect heat. It gives me the shivers just thinking about it!

I, in Saskatchewan, would be the net benefactor of a few more C degrees provided by the sun, or climate, and it would do wonders for my crop potentials. Instead, I am being schooled by my federal government that I need to become colder to protect others I have little interest in from sea level rise. On top of that I'm about to be taxed on the first molecule of carbon I torch. I don't like it: neither the cold , nor the taxes.

You may want to cozy up, and be a government proponent/front man for their plans, but I say let them own this. So far, their leadership has only been talk of future taxation.

Comment

You are getting totally bent out of shape over a proposed carbon tax of which you have no details on how it will be put in place and what Wall will do with the revenue? That is irrational.

Haven't you forgotten that energy prices and the cost of farm inputs have gone up a lot in recent decades without a carbon tax. A carbon tax will add relatively little to the cost of fuel compared to market changes in prices.

OPEC and the supply demand equation have had a much greater impact on energy costs in recent years? Where is your moral outrage over OPEC and higher energy prices?

How did you survive all the energy market increases? What did you do when gas or diesel was 1.40 per litre? Did you become "colder"?

I think it is clear why you don't care about climate change nor want to consider a carbon tax as good policy. "I am being schooled by my federal government that I need to become colder to protect others I have little interest in from sea level rise."

As long as you are warm and well fed you don't care what happens to all the coastal cities or those who are unlikely enough to endure droughts or severe flooding?

I guess you are content let the future generations pay the taxes that will be needed to cope with climate change that was caused by previous generations? There is a huge cost to ignoring climate change and you don't seem to care. Or perhaps you don't even believe that it is happening?

Comment

Where is your moral outrage to Saudi oil imported to eastern Canada ?

Comment

re carbon tax and cost to business. It was modelled that the proposed carbon tax system in Australia would add around 7% extra cost to business some more some less but was a broad estimate. And that was after carbon tax credits and debits.

As you all know it was srcapped in Australia.

Comment

Checking IM getting old and like my comforts to but that dont stop me from shaking my head at the waste of energy, When I was a kid going to school I walked with many a working man and we all packed our lunch bags, if you worked on the south side you lived on the south side, now we have many people driving up to 100mi to work and usualy only one to a vehicle. I realize we need heat in this climate . But there are those that dont give a shit as long as its not there ox that is beeing gored. Wouldent it be terrable if plane fare went up ,o poor holodayers, and I am not jelious of those that fly around the world,just tired of hearing how bad it is for them. Yea -25 here today and all next week it looks like but last summer was hot and dry this summer cool and wet but on averageweather changes rapidly climate dosent.

Comment

Why would JT care about theWest, it's 28*F in Monreal and 33*F in Toronto right now.

I know very little about the oceans, but I know a fair bit about ice. So if the Arctic and Antarctic melt, the water would be 80% of the volume of the ice. IDK, just askin.

Comment

This ****in tax ain't coming to not cost us money! Anytime these politicians come up with stupid ideas it costs us all. We don't have to wait to see what Walls gonna do with it. JTs just making him out as the bad guy if he soaks his constituents with the bill. We ain't gonna make one bit of difference in the big bullshit climate change scam.

Comment

All you need is an EMP.

And that's the end of the liberal movement. Millenials and most of these self righteous know it all types have no clue how to survive without modern tech.

Kill every microchip on the planet and we will reduce co2 emissions greatly.

There problem solved

Comment

Cry me a river cc, just don't raise the water level.

Someone's ancestor chose to live at sea level. Perhaps it was for ease of trade, the view, a source of protein, defensive position, or a host of other reasons, but I'd bet the jerk never saw a CO2 change coming.

Now, we have jerks that think they can tell the future consequences of a minor gas in our atmosphere. Guess what. Governments knowing this continue to issue building and development permits at sea level, and you believe it's my problem.

I inform you that it is not my problem, and you wouldn't get me to build there.

Even Saskatchewan government agencies have come around to denying development permits for river rats that insist on choosing a flood way, or the flood fringe of a Saskatchewan river as their ideal place to live. I suspect you believe it is all CO2 related.

Comment

Some will see if turns out global warming or an "Electromagnetic pulse" or some uncontrolled disease or simply too many replications of human DNA is what MOTHER EARTH AND NATURE won't tolerate in the long run. Given the choice between the next coming "ice age" (with much longer persistence than the intervening inter glacial periods); its just possible that we are but delaying the onslaught of some really persistent poor harvest weather. There will be magma expulsions (eg. Yellowstone" ) and earthquakes that will not have any human remedies and the scale will be quite impressive. Those events will not be blamed on CO2 level or human released carbon. Flirting with nuclear weapons (accidental or deliberate use therof) is all but forgotten by brains that can't think past quantitative easing, zero percent interest levels and production of worldly goods where labor is cheapest in third world economies. None of those issues are solvable with current levels of leadership..

And except for the past times the earth may have pretty well completely frozen over; the ice sheets the last 4 times kinda reached Wisconsin. At least that what my old geography teacher preached several decades ago. The moraines left by the advancements of ice are proof enough for me.

Certainly lets not deliberately destroy a somewhat moderate climate; and certainly lets not continue on to 9 billion people (as the start to peak counts whatever that happens to be). Is that not really the big problem?
                              Blame it on the result and not the problem eh!! Talk about burying heads in sand or whatever.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...