• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok this is some cold shit. Maybe were back to normal!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok this is some cold shit. Maybe were back to normal!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_160.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	777414

With all the bull shit in the news about climate change and the world is warming up isn't it refreshing to have a good old fashion winter.

-22 to -26 for a high all way into next week. A bit of snow but bitter cold.

Who on here remembers winters past where you had lots and lots of snow around Christmas, yes i said it who cares.

We had a appreciation night last night and like years past it was one where you start the vehicle (me bad) to have it warm up so you can drive home.

My main question for today is. why don't all protestors have the gas turned off in their parents homes have them get a grant for solar panels for LED lights and heating by what ever is the flavour for them. No cars to travel and no planes. Take public transport or ride the bike.

Yesterday in ND the same protestors who a week ago were spitting at the law and crying how evil oil is yesterday were back in the news asking for help.

Food water heat and you guessed it gas to get home. Bring in the army to help us.

WTF is this world coming to.

When will common sense come back to the world.

Just baffles me

Looks like normal December weather is here, thank God for fossil fuels to give us warmth.

Speaking of energy, one thing that looks optimistic is changes coming to the EPA. Trump has nominated a candidate to oversee the EPA from an oil state, Oklahoma and ALL Liberal heads seem to be exploding since he is not an Al Gore follower.

Comment

I just keep hoping something will start to change on the north side of the border.

Why isn't the media asking Suzuki today what is your home heated with! How did you get to this event. Dog sled or horse or what ever. I also agree if you are a green machine your gas should be cut off.

Just show us now how oil has no importance.

Its just insane whats going on.

The USA bs in ND just blew me away. Now we need help because of the big bad storm please mr police man come save us.

Bring gas.

Comment

Paris, Madrid, Athens and Mexico City are all planning to ban the use of diesel powered cars by 2025. Just keeps on coming!

Comment

Its insane maybe we do need a WW# to get rid of all the useless shit happening in the world. The new world would be real different if that happened.

yes most would die but really some of this shit show world could be rebuilt.

Comment

Decent questions for Suzuki, SF3. He has answered how he is able to travel to events.

Going through the Calgary airport, he claims he was confronted by a person that accused him of being a hypocrite. His response was that he needed to fly because he was the spokesperson for the environment.

I thought it was like giving the public the middle finger on the usefulness of their need to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              Paris, Madrid, Athens and Mexico City are all planning to ban the use of diesel powered cars by 2025. Just keeps on coming!
              Hmmmmm.......

Madrid and Athens are in countries on the verge of bankruptcy, half of the P.I.G.S. group.
              Mexico City is full of poverty and drug lords.

So yeah, I can see why banning diesel fuel is a pressing issue.

Comment

Smog.... the other day I was watching the news, in the "twilight zone". And saw a story on smog in China. Planes grounded, schools closed, 25 times safe levels. Code orange... second from the top on a 4 tier scale. People in Chinese cities walk around with surgical/respiratory masks.... And we enjoy clean air. Who needs to do the work? Next time I go to Regina on a cold CALM day I will see I can see Regina's brown cloud as I did once in the past....

Given the weather has turned bitterly cold.... it should be a reminder that the fossil fuels used today are the most compact source of stored energy we have today... maybe not the cleanest but the biggest bang for your buck(other than nuclear).

Obviously there needs to be a balance struck between what we are using today and what some "hope" will be the energy source of the future. I personally don't think wind and solar are dependable enough in the cold prairies. Geothermal....takes alot of energy to run pumps etc. I heard it has issues "keeping up" when the temps get bitterly cold. Bucket brings up a good point about harnessing the water flow in the rivers to generate power....numerous times over using the same water!

Maybe Wall's Carbon Capture experiment will prove itself yet. It is new technology and as we all know bugs need to be worked out of anything new.

But to penalize me with carbon taxes when there are no other options for the business I'm in is ridiculous. Even if they exempt the primary producer the trickle down effect will hurt. And how the hell am I going to "efficiently and DEPENDABLY" heat my home in this sub-arctic climate!?!?!?!?!

I know.... lets move the entire population of the earth between the two north and south latitudes that don't require the use of fossil fuels.... we'll all live off the land. No heat required for homes, walk or bike or ride a mule everywhere, all subsistence agriculture. Chaos ensues..... back to the stone age....

Cold weather and time on your hands leads to creative thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

yes most would die

Isn't that the point? I too have been relishing a good old world war to solve some of the useless shit alive today. Problem is I think it has to be nuclear because you would have the same useless pansies dodging the draft under some made up reason and they would be here at the end.

Also under nuclear war, your more likely to rid yourself of politicians like drama boy. A big old nuke on Ottawa would make my day. Don't drain the swamp, vaporize it.

Comment

The draft would be interesting to watch as some would escape it with money. Then if we were ever taken over which would happen rather quick watch as our politicians like JT would turn on people to protect his own family. Most would be gone but the few who could survive and rebuild might just make it better.

Sad but this is really getting weird.

Comment

Last night i was reminded by a small business owner how us farmers wouldnt be affected by the carbon tax. Another break for us wealthy crying farmers.
                      I could feel my frostbitten fingers closing on some far away assholes throat.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                        Isn't that the point? I too have been relishing a good old world war to solve some of the useless shit alive today. Problem is I think it has to be nuclear because you would have the same useless pansies dodging the draft under some made up reason and they would be here at the end.

Also under nuclear war, your more likely to rid yourself of politicians like drama boy. A big old nuke on Ottawa would make my day. Don't drain the swamp, vaporize it.
                        Not sure that we are doing any favours for our side of this debate by encouraging nuclear war on politicians. Things like this just offer more fodder for the leftwing extremists to use against us. Lets stick with facts?

Comment

Wow, where did that come from? Nuclear war, good grief! These politicians will come and go. We have many options to try to change the course, options that don't include warfare. Someday the West may stand on its own, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            A few years ago I was reading an article that said breathing air in Mexico City was like smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. The air lingers there because it is built in a valley...Makes me more glad I don't live there.

Comment

Not sure if all you are just plain dumb or just stupid. All this shit about just go out and tell me there is global warming.. Weather is what is hapening in your local, climate is what is happening world wide, there is a big difference there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...