• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola sales

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grow Cargill canola. The best premiums are for August the following year. Off combine you might get a $30/tonne premium, August I'm getting +$80. I think I got $16 for a load 4 years ago.

Comment

30 % sold on canola and nexera. Got $11.95 for delivery to crusher for may .hear canola all priced with AOG for $13 picked up

Comment

Guys price there grain for yr end payments..months ahead...only to be told not happening in that month..but companies still want there dollars for fert/Chem. Fuel or what ever..we always get screwed..not even a kiss..

Comment

That is why we always price some at bunge..RP....and viterra..some one will be on time.

Comment

Did some for April del for 13.34 self haul. Went to 13.47 after that
            August premiums are the best but there hasn't been a favourable basis yet for that far out.
            Not sure how a guy would get 16? Must have done a lot of buying and selling on paper with every trade a winner
            Too bad they are only taking 30 bpa

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              Guys price there grain for yr end payments..months ahead...only to be told not happening in that month..but companies still want there dollars for fert/Chem. Fuel or what ever..we always get screwed..not even a kiss..
              If you have a say, Dec contract and the elevator has room and is taking delivery of that type of grain and grade can you not deliver it and they have to accept it? According to Grain Act.

Sec 60: Subject to section 58 and any order made under section 118, the operator of every licensed primary elevator shall, at all reasonable hours on each day on which the elevator is open, without discrimination and in the order in which grain arrives and is lawfully offered at the elevator, receive into the elevator all grain so lawfully offered for which there is, in the elevator, available storage accommodation of the type required by the person by whom the grain is offered.

Comment

A week and half ago bunge altona was paying $12. a bus. for dec. del., offering $12.30 for april/may del. the other day.

Comment

How tough is the stuff being held on too until May?

Already seeing heating around here. Lots of tough canola. Can't see many farmers wanting to wait that long even if the price goes higher. They want it out of the bins now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                    How tough is the stuff being held on too until May?

Already seeing heating around here. Lots of tough canola. Can't see many farmers wanting to wait that long even if the price goes higher. They want it out of the bins now.
                    FWIW, canola I binned at 13 ish last November, froze down right away, then ran fans off and on in spring, came out top half of bins was still 13, and no heated at all, that is April, May, and even into June.

Comment

haven't sold a bushel, all came off dry in Sept, bins have air and fans are freezing it as I type.. some 5000 bushel bins were turned in Nov.
                      Plan was to wait until spring/summer to market, but I'll be watching the markets and probably will sell some shortly.

Comment

Lots of weather/market news till spring. Long term charts have futures highs June -July, however basis can bite too. Storage condition is final variable, must be in good condition. Many risks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3243.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	765282
                          Watch your bins closely.

Comment

Close to our place I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by tmyrfield View Post
                              [ATTACH]978[/ATTACH]
                              Watch your bins closely.
                              Is there a story behind the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                Is there a story behind the picture?
                                This picture was taken by a volunteer fire fighter. If you look closely you can see a fireman on the right side below the hole with the flames coming out. As i understand someone cut a hole in the hopper bin to get the canola out and it spontaneously combusted rather vigorously. I had initially thought the bin was leaning but i now think the camera was tilted.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...