• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

today aussie prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today aussie prices

apw standard wheat 212 h2 227 h1 242
    feed barley 164 malt 1 226 malt 2 197
    canola 535 plus oil bonification

You guys mentioned about not wanting go down slippery slopes of oil bonuses and discounts, well the secret is if you have low oil you deliver to a site where buyer who buys on stacked average of the elevator.

Meaning 15000 tonne of canola at the site oil average is 44% you deliver your low oil at 39% pick up a bonus. If you have more than 41 you sell to buyer how pays bonification.

Site average is readily available each day.

Guess its different for you guys may not even be the best.

Other buyer at same site may turn it around the other way they offer a flat price no oil premium say on todays pricing they may offer say $542 flat and growers think that's good price above standard but buyer is getting cheap canola. Hope that makes sense

You guys may think Australia doesn't have a good marketing storage system but weve got what weve got.

As I said a while back about elevators in a lot of town plus super sites every so often, quite a few private storage facilities then on farm storage and facilities plus container services in Adelaide.

Pricing you may also think is a dogs breakfast with forward pricing on offer each day for up to 2 years out as well as daily cash and cash and carry or just warehouse in elevator system or your own on farm storage.

Aware you guys have tyranny of distance and weather which closes windows for you harvesting and delivering.

Still fingd it hard to belive you don't have some sort of a elevator system somewere somehow.

fill me in if I'm incorrect with last comment.

Darn cold harvesting last night at midnight had to put heaters on think it was about 16c and dew rolled in had to stop

Comment

Here in west central sask. the combines are rolling again. And Mallee, its a brisk minus 20c with a windchill taking it to -30c. Canola is 5 to 20% diamonds. Once again, for Mallee, chunks of ice. Not having much fun now.

Comment

I find the site average(average canola oil content of stocks) quite amazing, I doubt anyone would divulge that information here. Is that same kind of information available for site average protien of H1 and H2 wheat?

Are what you calling "sites" the final place the grain is delivered and sold to? I could see information about stocks being available if it's a Co-operative but not a Private Trader(Cargill or Viterra type).

In Canada, unless you want to "push" grain onto the market and potentially get paid less for it rather than have the buyers pull it into the market, it is a good idea to have storage on farm, whether its grain bins or grain bags. Some farmers own elevators, infrastructure from when there were elevators just about every 8 to 16 miles apart. There has been massive consolidation since then and we are left with high-through put inland terminals that rely on turning their capacity throughout the grain marketing year.

If someone has the information at their fingertips we could show Mallee the space we had at peak elevator space compared to today's inland terminal space and how many tonnes we grow now compared to peak elevator space.... that may be asking for too much but farming101 might "check in" if he has that kind of info at his disposal.

The distance from my farm to the Port of Vancouver is approximately 1800 kms. To Prince Rupert Port---approx 2300 kms
        LAND LOCKED!!! Railway....

Grain going east gets to Thunder Bay by rail then transferred on mostly lake vessels for shipping to transfer elevators along the way out to ocean going ships that sail out the St. Lawrence to the Atlantic ocean. The port of Churchill(northern Manitoba) is dying a slow death. Some grain goes south on rail to the US and Mexico. Weather stops shipping in the eastern waterways and Churchill due to freeze up. Rail north to Churchill is poor. Excessively cold weather slows rail traffic to the West Coast ports.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 6, 2016, 22:59.

Comment

RD414.... I just shook my head when I re-read that! I can't imagine.

Comment

Frozen sieves RD?

Comment

1971 primary elevator capacity peaked at 10,854,646 tonne (wheat)
              1971 prairie crop production was 34,855,100 tonne

2016 primary elevator capacity was 7,096,189 tonne
              2016 crop production (estimated) 71,026,900 tonne

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                1971 primary elevator capacity peaked at 10,854,646 tonne (wheat)
                1971 prairie crop production was 34,855,100 tonne

2016 primary elevator capacity was 7,096,189 tonne
                2016 crop production (estimated) 71,026,900 tonne
                that's an interesting stat!

Comment

Seabass, brother and neighbours started yesterday. They said no sieve problems but one guy said his straight canola sounded and felt like he was doing poplar saplings. We are joining the party this morning. One combine and it is in the shop. Another neighbour is hoping to start but has 6 combines 30 miles from home with no power. That will be a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    You guys may think Australia doesn't have a good marketing storage system but weve got what weve got.

As I said a while back about elevators in a lot of town plus super sites every so often, quite a few private storage facilities then on farm storage and facilities plus container services in Adelaide.

Pricing you may also think is a dogs breakfast with forward pricing on offer each day for up to 2 years out as well as daily cash and cash and carry or just warehouse in elevator system or your own on farm storage.

Aware you guys have tyranny of distance and weather which closes windows for you harvesting and delivering.

Still fingd it hard to belive you don't have some sort of a elevator system somewere somehow.

fill me in if I'm incorrect with last comment.

Darn cold harvesting last night at midnight had to put heaters on think it was about 16c and dew rolled in had to stop
                    haha, 16c eh? If we weren't in the middle of a 3 day blizzard, i might feel a little sorry for ya, lol. As far as elevator systems, for the distance and terrain we have to go through to get grain to salt water, i think our system is not bad ( western canada ) Interesting fact " russia has 10% of the arable land in the world" that's huge!

Comment

Hey guys the 16c comment was said in jest/sarcasm sorry if o ffended anyone.

Anyway farmas question yep transperancy in our system its in the public forum tonnes in every elevator and grades.

Growers can deliver on the day and take cash at silo, deliver into contracts or warehouse for later sale.
                      Warehoused grain or unsold grain is either disclosed or undisclosed as a tonnage only meaning peter may deliver 100 tonne h1 100 tonne feed barley and 100t canola will show 300 tonne warehoused or I can chose to disclose and will show tally of each that is optional for grower most if not all disclosed because you want buyerts to know whats out there they may ring and offer a price for my 100t h1 up to me to say yes or no.

Rural crime hit us last night bastards had a fuel trailer worth $7000 by time few tools kits etc which are
                      on it and it was full 3500 litres approx. 3/4 mile of the road and a lonely out of the way road. I and 3 other were in the field harvesting till midnight until light rain fell so we blew down harvesters and went home. heavy rain occurred around 4am alas no tracks visible.

Now darn insurance company giving us a hard time was wasn't it in a locked premisis always try to find a way not to pay keep you posted

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...