• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SK Carrot Harvest 2016

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SK Carrot Harvest 2016

[URL="http://thederksenfamily.com/Farm/"]http://thederksenfamily.com/Farm/[/URL]
    Last edited by Derksen Family Farms; Dec 5, 2016, 19:06. Reason: Added farm website link.

....Too cool. Snow on the ground too.

Years ago I thought a mushroom farm mushroom greenhouse, however those things are grown in mass quantity, would have been a neat idea, but since I'm an introverted invertebrate you can imagine how far that idea got!
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 5, 2016, 16:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Derksen Family Farms View Post

Nice video, Lucky you arent in MB the Vegetable Cartel Peak of the market would all over you!!

Comment

Nice video..Carrots look tasty..

Comment

A lot of equipment needed for carrots, must be nice sandy loam?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            ....Too cool. Snow on the ground too.

Years ago I thought a mushroom farm mushroom greenhouse, however those things are grown in mass quantity, would have been a neat idea, but since I'm an introverted invertebrate you can imagine how far that idea got!
            I'm with you farma. My goal one day is grow and harvest 50 acres of garlic.

Simple things make me happy.

Comment

We harvest a quarter of a mile of asparagus every year. It has to be hand-picked every day or two. Most stocks are thick, about 1/2 to 3/4 inches. Plenty of moisture has helped to establish a healthy patch.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                A lot of equipment needed for carrots, must be nice sandy loam?
                Yes, it is very nice sandy loam perfect for carrots. We do have a fair bit of equipment but we build as much of it as we can.

Comment

Once you have tasted a Saskatchewan carrot you will never buy anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
                    Once you have tasted a Saskatchewan carrot you will never buy anything else!
                    Agree! Or Sask dryland potatoes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...