• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premium Storage Buildings experience?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Agriculture View Post
    I googled post frame buildings and it took me to this forum. The last comment from LAST year seemed relevant enough to share my opinion.

I LOVE my F-150 it’s above all other trucks.. does that mean I also work for Ford ?
    I agree...Goodon has been a great building for me. Built a 70 x 200 x 20 in 2008, insulated, cement and floor heat...everything is clean and in showroom quality and I don’t have to trade all the time....it’s full now...farm has doubled in size since then....and the next one will be 80 x 250 x 22....hope I get the crop and cash this year to put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
      I agree...Goodon has been a great building for me. Built a 70 x 200 x 20 in 2008, insulated, cement and floor heat...everything is clean and in showroom quality and I don’t have to trade all the time....it’s full now...farm has doubled in size since then....and the next one will be 80 x 250 x 22....hope I get the crop and cash this year to put it up.
      I wish.

Comment

Ancient history . This thread.
        Came back to haunt me
        The ritchey bros. Fabric building
        I put up that I was dubious of.
        Well . Fabric held up but big wind bent the pipes .
        Junk.
        Ended up putting up a prairie post frame. 60 x120
        Seemed like good build quality.
        Rafters esp. Time will tell.

Old Chinese proverb
        Poor man buy twice.

Quite the story how all these
        Manitoba building co.s have a Goodon connection.
        Goodon,integrity, and prairie post frame

Comment

Funny thing about Goodons you get a price in ten minutes a build in 2 days and a owner yelling and screaming at you when you inform him building is not square. My second building was a Prairie post. Crew took 3 days building was perfect (actually crew was ex Goodons crew said they were sick of owners) and Prairie post rep came out to see if i was pleased with everything . What a difference, Prairie post appreciate peoples business they dont grad the cheque and run.

Comment

Originally posted by slurp View Post
            Funny thing about Goodons you get a price in ten minutes a build in 2 days and a owner yelling and screaming at you when you inform him building is not square. My second building was a Prairie post. Crew took 3 days building was perfect (actually crew was ex Goodons crew said they were sick of owners) and Prairie post rep came out to see if i was pleased with everything . What a difference, Prairie post appreciate peoples business they dont grad the cheque and run.
            I was told that Prairie crews are ex Goodon crews that were fired.. for workmanship and substance abuse issues..?!
            I like Prairie pricing, but I feel they cut corners and codes to make it cheaper. In my experiences you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Agriculture View Post
              I was told that Prairie crews are ex Goodon crews that were fired.. for workmanship and substance abuse issues..?!
              I like Prairie pricing, but I feel they cut corners and codes to make it cheaper. In my experiences you get what you pay for.
              That must be lie 106 out of Goodons. Most crews are share holders along with some staff. Their main accountant quite and went to prairie post took several crews and salesmen. Paid crews better than Goodons and made them do better work. One person died and another person parilized over last few years on Goodon crews.So i wonder who cuts corners. All about greed and money to the owners they dont care about crews or customers. Prairie Post an Intergrity put up more buildings than Goodons. They also only started less than 15 years ago.Rumor has it Goodons on a downward spirial I wouldnt leave a deposit on a building with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                We had a Behlen High profile 50X80..Colapsed under snow load...

Be sure to ad that to your insurance policies...

That is why we went post sheds with extra strong rafters..and snow load coverage...

The old behlen was built by their crews so it was no fault of ours..
                That must have been a freak occurrence. Every small town hockey rink in the country has a behlen curvet style roof.

The one with precast walls looks like a bomb shelter. Maybe good planning there. Gotta be couple hundred in concrete in that building.
                Last edited by jazz; Feb 23, 2019, 12:01.

Comment

we have had our Goodon shop a year and a half and couldn't be happier with it . as i said we had problems with local salesman , then talked to owners and they were absolutely incredible to deal with . many people have remarked on the good quality of the building . i wouldn't hesitate to use them again . went with a competitor on a previous pole shed .experience was not so good . carpenters showed up pissed , downhill from there . actually we paid Goodon to add bracing to that pole shed that had been missed , when they built our shop

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    That must have been a freak occurrence. Every small town hockey rink in the country has a behlen curvet style roof.

The one with precast walls looks like a bomb shelter. Maybe good planning there. Gotta be couple hundred in concrete in that building.
                    We found out later that for a few yrs.around 1995 behlen made there sheets a few gauges thinner . To save money..
                    We were lucky to get one...

Comment

No coverage for collapse under snow load is bullshit!

That’s the same as dents in roofs, vehicles etc from hail storms. Some companies don’t cover hail storm damage, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                        No coverage for collapse under snow load is bullshit!

That’s the same as dents in roofs, vehicles etc from hail storms. Some companies don’t cover hail storm damage, go figure.
                        A friend in Alberta had his dairy barn roof collapse one winter. Snow blew in from the west, over the apex and accumulate on the east side of the roof and that half collapsed. Insurance refused to pay out as he was covered for "snow load" and was covered for "wind damage" but because the wind blew the snow onto the roof he wasn't covered. Insurance Co.s are a bunch of crooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Daylate View Post

Or build something that doesn't rot that will be there for many many generations. Precast concrete walls. Behlen roof going on it right now.
                          I don’t know if you are still around, but that looks fantastic and I would like to know more about the contractor and costs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...