• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phone Survey

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto JDGreen

Comment

GDR

"Having said that you guys gotta remember the poor guy on the phone is just trying to feed his family, they don't deserve the response they get from most. I am very polite and decline the first time, have had a couple that got pushy then its time to push back."

I handle them the same way as you do, I also agree that these people are just doing their jobs which can't be easy. As someone else mentioned find a real job, that's not always the easiest thing to do. When it's stats Canada or census they will always call you back at a time more convenient to your schedule. Yes my time is money as well, but forget the idea their going to pay you $60-$100, if it's the government you would be just getting your tax dollars returned, not to mention the increased administration.

Comment

Those calls can provide a lot of entertainment if one's not busy.

If I don't have time to play, I tell them to send me my $250 fee and that always ends it. 20 seconds.

If I have time, the fun begins. I sometimes ask for their home address and telephone number so I can "get in touch with them when I need to" LOL! Usually ends it there.

Once they are suitably engaged with pleasantries, my favorite response is to inject enough funny stuff that it makes them laugh - - for instance, the time we had a duct cleaner call; "Do you have any dogs or smokers?". "Oh my goodness, no ma'am, none of our dogs smoke!" etc...everyone in our house was splitting their sides laughing loudly and eventually the woman doing the call - she could hear us - was laughing too. It was a blast. Likely a lot better than some of the calls she made. Or "Clean my ducks? Nah, we use a fork and shovel..."

It depends on the day and depends on the call.

Comment

Here in oz we have surveys and you know a lot of them sre just uni students earning a few bucks on the side.
          Depends on survey topic and reward occasionally its a box of beer or case of wine I say yep under proviso it under 15 minutes. Another time was a grain company I deal with so I gave them loaded replies to loaded questions and prize was enter into draw for a $350 pair of boots poke me in the eye with a blunt stick I won the boots or reality may have been I was only guy that did survey

Comment

This is funny last week it was 20 bucks or 40 an hour this week I got a potential raise to 60 an hour.

We just need a few more farmers from your area to tell us how they use agronomic data on their farms. We will combine your input with the views of other farmers and make sure that the manufacturers receive an unbiased, accurate report that is based on farmer experience.

But our time is running out. We need your input within the next few days so we are willing to pay you $30 to complete this survey. The survey is scheduled to close on December 9, or sooner if we receive the required number of responses

The survey usually takes about 20 to 25 minutes to complete.

To qualify for this survey you must be one of the main decision makers for crop input purchases on your farm and you must farm at least 2,000 acres of total crop in 2016.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...