• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Cocktail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4040312.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	777399
    ABOUT THE HURRICANE COCKTAIL
    When in Rome? How about when in New Orleans? The Hurricane powerful tropical drink will transport you to French Quarter during the first sip. Created in the 1940s, this super boozy rum-based concoction that will get the party started no matter where you are.

INGREDIENTS IN THE HURRICANE COCKTAIL
    2 oz White rum
    2 oz Dark rum
    1 oz Lime juice
    1 oz Orange juice
    2 oz Passion fruit juice
    .5 oz Simple syrup
    .5 oz Grenadine

Garnish:
    1 Orange wheel and cherry
    Glass: Hurricane
    HOW TO MAKE THE HURRICANE COCKTAIL
    Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.

Shake, and strain into a large Hurricane glass filled with fresh ice.

Garnish with an orange half-wheel and a cherry.

The above photo is from Jamaica but thought it was fitting with the Hurricane drink.

Ah Friday just 23 days till Christmas. Yes we say Merry Christmas in Canada!

Only 12 days till we get out of here and back to my favourite place next to Saskatchewan in the Summer!

Name:	IMG_6972.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	777400

ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea Please drink Responsibly! Thank you!

Name:	DSCN3213.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	777401

And the Friday cocktail will be straight whiskey right out of the bottle for the guys that didn't get done harvest and are under financial threat by the parasites in the ag business.

Comment

I agree with you, When I had Canola still in the field and went in to say if this shit continues we will be late paying this year as this is such a huge financial loss. They said well you better get started finding out how to pay now because its due at the end of January. Oh and yes we cant take any that you harvest till Feb. But get it paid quick so we can sell you new stuff for 2017 and beyond.

You really realize the industry doesn't give a rats ass about you then. Its all about money and they want yours.

Comment

Sk3

Ya we all get it, your on holidays in a tropical place having cocktails, yet here you are starting thread after thread trying to remind the rest of us that you are a struggling farmer. Your so full of shit it's hard to bare.

Comment

Gee forage coming from the king of bull shit thanks!

What do you bring on most days to agriville but trivial bullshit about how great the NDP and liberals are and climate change!

I bring real farmer stuff and some like to travel and yea rain in excess destroys farms!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

You really realize the industry doesn't give a rats ass about you then. Its all about money and they want yours.

I knew this many years before I started farming. My dad one year could not pay his fall fuel bill on time and was sent a letter if he did not pay by a certain date they were going to take him to court. This was after thirty years of dealing there and always paying on time. The CWB was not moving any grain and he had bulging bins of wheat from that year and some from the year before. He went for his first operating loan so no problem. You would think they would have spoke to him on the phone before that to not ruin relations.

Enjoy your trip. I can't wait for mine.

Comment

Was in New Orleans a couple of years ago. We had Huuricanes and Hand Grenades. Both too sweet for me. The cocktail of choice for me was their Bloody Marys. They were delicious. Enjoyed them with a plate of fresh oysters and hot sauce. Yum.

Comment

well sk3 i would recommend banking at a different institution to finance your travel. when you threaten to not pay because youve spent on travel they dont like that. a little courtesy to people with real problems. not first world poor me drivel.

Comment

Really crop out is awful I have been their not fun at all! Just saying they all don't care if you have crop out they care if you pay! It's not about holidays, if I still had a couple mill of Canola still out nothing would be happening on the Holliday front! Crop out is the worst!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    ... and yea rain in excess destroys farms!
                    Apparently not if what you post is true, 15 years in a flood zone and it hasn't even cramped your multiple holiday a year habit. Out of respect for some of your peers that are struggling to feed their families and hold onto their farms it might be an idea to tone down the boasting.

Comment

I don't get some of you guys...

SF3 and his parents, and maybe their parents worked their asses off, sacrificed, and went through all the same hard times as everyone else....

Today, they get to enjoy the fruits of their labour a bit.... a 10,000 acre farm works in the scale of millions of dollars. What's a winter vacation cost? $25,000? It won't break or make the bank and at the end of the day spending quality time with your family - your wife - is worth a lot more than a f***ing farm.

We're struggling to make it through one year to the next. Get creative... do what has to be done... maybe in 30 years Darcy and I can head somewhere warm (In our case it'll probably be anywhere we can have horses and go riding away from people - ha ha) and enjoy part of our lives... having built something for the next generation.

I in no way am jealous of guys like SF3, or JDgreen (Yes I brought you up hahahahha) , or others on here who have "made it".

On the other side, do you think just because things are paid for leaving crop out doesn't matter? If you have no crop, you have no cash flow, you can't pay bills. Doesn't matter if you have 1 acre of lettuce, 10 cows, 75,000 head feedlot, or a 30,000 acre grain farm.

Pisses me off seeing guys on here who themselves aren't that bad off spouting off against guys going on vacation... this job is stressful enough, if somebody wants to go to Hawaii let them... jealousy and greed don't reflect well on those posting b/s.

Anyway, I'm off to tune up the combine so we can finish soybeans tonight... Maybe we can catch up for a coffee one of these days, SF3! (before/after your vacation haha)

At the end of the day, we've lost two of our long time members... reflect on that... I'm sure the family they left behind agrees that memories of time spent together are more important than business and the stress of running it.

CIAO!

Comment

Yes I appreciate your post, views and pictures. Klause is bang on, log your hours and compare those to any "professional" who has earned 5 or 6 weeks vacation.

Now if you really were to communicate what's on your mind you would post all those girly beach pics, and then people could comment, or choose not to look or "read" your posts. Keep it all positive.

Comment

leaving tomorrow.to relax mind and body.Sure the he'll will not be looking at agriville when I am gone.may sneak a peak at some prices but other than that total vacation.

Comment

Using Mcfarm's combine trade numbers from a bit ago I calculate I'll have this vacation paid for if I put off trading combines for 22 days. Besides happy wife happy life!

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                              At the end of the day, we've lost two of our long time members... reflect on that... I'm sure the family they left behind agrees that memories of time spent together are more important than business and the stress of running it.
                              A 64 yr neighbor died during harvest... wonder if any of this stress is worth it? Stress KILLS
                              His SIL and hired guys were harvesting, as he was not able to.
                              Like the comment, on one's death bed, NEVER will you wish you worked harder/longer accumulated MORE real estate/toys. The good times/family/kids is all you remember. Make the right decisions, to be happy. Be thankful.... You take zip with you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...