• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling ripped off.....and tired of it!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling ripped off.....and tired of it!

Bought a flexible rubber hose(7 inches diameter by 6.25 feet long) today for a Brandt 5200EX grain vac and also a flexible rubber transition boot(14 inch diameter by 1 foot long) for the swing auger to the main auger tube for a 13 inch by 70 foot Brandt grain auger... just shy of $500.00.

We were picking up something from a retailer(who sells hose and fitting, hydraulic hose and fittings, suction hose, discharge hose, etc...) in Regina once and saw the long hose I describe above, cut to length, up on a shelf and I said, "Hey that looks like a hose from a Brandt Vac" and they said yes they are.... "can I buy one"... no you can't, we can't sell them to the public!!!

So, the 'wholesaler"(same guys as described above) gets their pound of flesh, Brandt gets their pound of flesh and of course what appears to be the "exclusive company" John Deere dealerships who retail the Brandt parts to us gets their pound of flesh!

To add insult to injury..... a twelve dollar "freight charge" is added to the invoice. You mean to say the margin isn't high enough at the retail level that you have to charge freight as well(I picked it up at the retailer). Freight from the Regina wholesaler to WhiteCity/Emerald Park. When they are probably in Regina several times a day anyway? I wonder if that "charge" would be on the invoice if the parts were already in stock.

I just shake my head.... and going back to a previous thread where people are talking about taking hot holidays or are already there, or can't "afford" to... But these parts aren't too much money? I put a control/display in an M150.....the part was $1500. An "electronic module" in a combine... $1100. Why are Ag parts so pricey?

And some Primary Producers can't afford to take a holiday for themselves.... and this isn't a slight against those people either!!!

**** the Industry.... I wish I could be as crooked and greedy as they are.... but my mother raised me different!
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 1, 2016, 16:14.

Interesting to see what the industry looks like when combines cost a million. Soon. Parts? Ac/combine? Hrs lifespan?
    Some other industrys cost plus. Cat parts dont get cheaper.
    Cost of operating iron can only go up. We can still run a basic tractor if necessary. But a *** combine? Soon another shift in definition of smaller farmer?

Comment

I've tried to find &" hose and stainless flex hose, no one sells it except the vac companies. And at $500 for those two pieces that sounds like a bargain compared to the REM hoses.

Comment

For hoses air drill vac etc if you are not familiar with them maybe if you can check with greenline. They have saved me lots of money over the years often getting a better quailty hose. they also have an online catalog

https://www.greenlinehose.com/index.jsp?path=locations

Comment

Hmmm....

Amazon for the flexible rubber stuff:

https://www.amazon.ca/Hi-Tech-Duravent-Vac-U-Flex-Thermoplastic-Vacuum/dp/B008XRCLXG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480633131&sr=8-2&keywords=5+inch+flex+hose

For metal, check out Aliababa.

I know 4 inch flex can be had for $3 a foot.

Comment

AF5....not getting much value for $500..... read the description. In reality $200 would be enough for what's there....that stuff is probably extruded for a buck a foot in manufacturing....

Someone has to handle the steel flex hose other than the manufacturer...they don't make it themselves.

Comment

I need the flexible hose for our REM 2700. Local hose company in Regina is approx $56/foot for 7" 60mil hose, if I remember correctly. Not sure if thats a good deal. May have to check with the over inflated crowd (equip dealerships).

Comment

4G.....they are pretty much the same.....what ever the market will bear. Only difference is they won't have to share any margin with the over inflated crowd between them and you.

Comment

Farma, are you saying that I should just continue applying my over priced ($6/roll) duct tape till it is no longer possible? Haha. Farming parts are such a joke!!!

Comment

Red Green fix-all only works so long. We have alot.of vaccing to do over the next few weeks...trying to be prepared--pro-active--costs.money I guess!

Comment

It's getting absolutely outta control and this newer machinery seems to be the worst. Simple hydraulic remote switch in the cab $1000 and that just one example. It's to the point you can't even fix this electrical stuff without a lab top and a service call. Also when you do it's more of a farmer paid educational lesson for the tech and dealership. Of course all these Taj Mahal's built across the prairies in the last few years need to be paid for.

As we are all farmers. We don't need to grab parts from dentists style buildings. A simple building will do

Iceman Out

Comment

Lotsa fat could be trimmed....pigs!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Lotsa fat could be trimmed....pigs!
                          Drain the swamp

Comment

When it comes to certain stuff that serves both Ag and Industrial needs....the increase in industrial activity....bypass building, etc., I think is also driving up the prices. I can't pass it on though! Damn stimulous! A forced "economy"....government mentality....if it can't make it on it's own we'll force it! I hope they don't forget about the guys who are in tough shape because of a horrible harvest! Maybe they'll apply the Liberal philosophy to your farm's budget.....your budget will balance itself. Don't worry about the income and expense statement or your balance sheet.....let the bank worry about that!

Don't worry....be happy. Holiday in Jamaica.

Comment

Parts

IDK much cos I paid 777.80 for a pto drive shaft on my old Farm King 10x60.
                              Guess it really is royalty.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...