• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	15267648_1413348278729189_6024026274242961611_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	777395

Name:	CC0AE253-8C9C-4FD5-90C0-11FACE0AD8CB.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	777397

Well Saturday the 26th of November was the last day we harvested for a friend. pictures above are from Saturday. Sunday would have been another day then it ended, but Sunday was cloudy and overcast. So harvest is over, all fall tillage is over or done. Odd guy was still landscaping or doing cat work, Few out with mowers doing cattails but most playing million dollar Tetris and putting equipment away.

Lots are playing with Track hoes but ground is firming and with deer season most have packed up and headed home. Our area is not big on fall banding or spreading fertilizer and normal applied amounts were put down.

Funny after your done and most around are done a calm settles over the area. Most are back to driving normal waving and enjoying the short two days of fall before the snow arrived and all was over for good for 2016. Im not a big fan of snow and winter so it could of lasted like last year. But one thing is nice we probably only have 4 months of winter and then its back to doing it all over again in plant 17.

So to those who are done congratulations and to those with crop out it was out of your hands the snow got most by surprise and wrecked a great fall. Talk to your lenders and suppliers and crop insurance. Talking to these is your best option.

So now some well needed rest, oh wait we have grain to dry, grain to haul grain to clean up and equipment to fix.

Enjoy your winter, doing what ever you enjoy to do.

Next crop report April 1st 2017.

Name:	IMG_6948.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	777398
    Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Dec 1, 2016, 07:28.

I finished last Saturday.

...beautiful day....ended with my kid shooting two coyotes from the combine.....the coyotes don't get spooked by the combine. And yes ...he skinned and boarded them.

Comment

At one point i thought I would harvest in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec. would have been a new record, but when the forecast showed what was coming it was get it done come hell or high water.

Last was a little tough.

Name:	IMG_6933.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	765275

Comment

SF3...I certainly don't like farming that much that I want the distinction of saying I harvested from August to December!

As mentioned before, this crop has been our best in quantity and over all good in quality..... durum issues, otherwise everything is good.

That's hard to report when others still have crop out or are losing equity in their operations. What a difference in circumstances.

Farming is a tough gig, not for the faint of heart or anyone who knows better. Stamina, resilient, determined, courageous, faithful, hopeful, fearless, driven, ambitious are all virtues for this type of "gambler"......

Let's see what 2017 brings!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...