• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Tune" thread, consolation prize...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A Tune" thread, consolation prize...

I received the consolation prize for the "honorable mention" in the contest Parsley started a while back.

Thank you so much Parsley. Thoughtful. It contained Swedish thin bread made with einkorn flour, ground golden flax and eggs...its very good with tea. Also pure butter toffee with sliced almonds on top, it is to die for. And some freshly milled einkorn flour to make pancakes with.... this Sunday!

I am trying hard not to eat it all in a day.

I think I can taste the humble pride that went into making it.

She had me a bit nervous when she mentioned "a cage" in one of her private messages to me...

Consider yourself lucky if you ever win the "consolation prize". I feel like a winner.

Once again, Thanks again Parsley and take care!

Was going to throw this one in the mix
    Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence [Official Music Video]
    Kinda reminded me of cotton .. in the best way btw

Comment

When I heard that song on the radio the other day I thought to myself, I wonder how much influence the music video has on people's opinion. If you didn't see the piercings, angry expressions and shaved head of the singer would you think differently about the remade song?

Comment

Conan O'Brien show version..... clickable link so every time someone clicks on this thread they don't have to listen to it if they don't want to.

[URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg[/URL]

Now you know where I got the "classical music tone" comment from....
        Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 29, 2016, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          When I heard that song on the radio the other day I thought to myself, I wonder how much influence the music video has on people's opinion. If you didn't see the piercings, angry expressions and shaved head of the singer would you think differently about the remade song?
          I first listened to the song and I really thought it a brilliant cover until he starts screaming at the end like he lost control of his excellent voice. Then its screwed. Too bad, I am suprised he could not edit or do a retake. Now that it has become really popular I dont listen to it because I know 3/4 of the way through the excellent song the guy just ends up screaming .

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

Not my favourite song but liked it better before I saw the video.

Comment

Hobbyfrmr....I understand your sentiment but since I mostly listen to rock I can accept the remade version.

Redleaf....I listened twice...I like it and the video never changed my mind. To me it's about reflecting on a broken relationship. The video starts out as him standing out then slowly blends into the mosaic, the women is already part of the mosaic when she appears....then at the end she stands out from the mosaic. He becomes part of her world but in the end she leaves his world. I would have to listen to the lyrics more and think about the video to fine tune my perception of it and the message it's trying to relay (to me). Just my opinion and that's the beauty of music....open to (individual) interpretation.

Lines get drawn
              Blending in to the surroundings when you once stood out
              Becoming part of something
              Arguing
              People changing

Thanks for posting it....I like it.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 30, 2016, 07:17.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like it too. Watched and listened to it many times. Just something about the video and the singers contorted face creeped me out at first.

Comment

There's the Simon and Garfunkel version for more easy listening 👂

Comment

I think I will run to town and check the mail

Comment

seldomseen.... Lol... belly laughed... you're dripping with diplomacy...

Comment

Thanks so much Parsley! The Butter Toffee is so good and Saturday morning is my favorite because of pancakes and this Saturday will be special.

Comment

seldomseen,,,,, I owe you an apology thinking you didn't like the tread and instead of saying so just said I'm going to check the mail..... that's why I said you were dripping with diplomacy. I thought it was a nice way of saying **** this.... I forgot you won Parsley's contest. Sorry.

Comment

HaHa Farma No problem at all I should have explained better and just hope you get a laugh out of it just like I did.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...