• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat

Got $7.00 for some of my 1 CWRS 13.8 today at Viterra. Immediate delivery.

Where you at?

I'm in S.E. Sask, the place where it costs near the most freight both East and West to port.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 28, 2016, 17:46.

Comment

West Central Sask

Comment

I'm having trouble getting them to commit to $6.75. Pretty good quality and about 14% px. Friggin freight. 965 tonnes real good and 125 tonnes rained on.

Remember, the world is awash in wheat....but what quality? In Western Canada anything left after Sept 30th would be suspect quality. That is alot of poor quality wheat! Even our last bit that got rained on in Sept suffered minor quality issues.

Sigh......
        Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 28, 2016, 21:33.

Comment

Farmersmuck....spot pricing contract or a triggered target contract?

Comment

Local elevator called with a special they were running for high quality wheat. Thinking maybe I shouldn't of sold. Soon as I heard $7.00 I jumped on it.

Comment

You sound like me.... I suffer from both buyer's AND seller's remorse! I think you did okay! Am I supposed to raise my target price now? As I said, I can't get anyone to pay $6.75!

Comment

What area of Sask are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
                  What area of Sask are you from?

50 Kms S.E. of Regina.... As I said, about the worst place for freight costs! But..... they probably have to buy all the good stuff between me and the port first! May suck to be me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...