• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MB fish board update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB fish board update

I brought up this subject before and I really hope the milk board topic stays out of it or I'm going to ask Scotty to beam someone up. When the end was coming one person said he would build a fish plant and the fishermen would get more and not have to fillet them because he could sell not only the fillets but the waste for organic fertilizer which they were throwing out. Now a guy from China wants to start a fish plant also but is offering more because people in china would rather eat the off fish such as carp. The rest of the waste would go for organic fertilizer...What a waste with that old board.
    Last edited by may-be; Nov 28, 2016, 00:59.

May-be nobody is interested. Tell us in 5 years how it's played out.

Comment

Is the fish board now defunct and now it's an open market?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        Is the fish board now defunct and now it's an open market?
        I am not sure of the exact date it becomes or became open. I know the fishermen are more excited about their future.

last week I had a fish truck from SK stop at my farm selling fish. When I asked why he never had any walleye to sell, he told me we cannot sell fresh water fish province to province. Makes me think about us wanting free trade with the world and we don't fully have it in our own country.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          May-be nobody is interested. Tell us in 5 years how it's played out.
          It would not matter how much better the industry might become, you would still put a negative spin on it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...