• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US car trades 1/3 underwater is machinery next.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stuff has to keep going up in price to keep value in the used market. Hasn't been the same inflation in automotive that there has in ag machinery. My 03 farm truck was $44000 in 2003, I checked this week and with the black Friday deals I could buy the same 2016 truck for $45000. Not sure exactly the numbers in ag but I bet in that same time period the ag stuff has almost tripled.

I buy mostly good used equipment if you only keep it a couple years with a little luck we've been able to keep revolving it without much actual depreciation cost. Biggest problem is when you keep it too long or have big mechanical issues.

Comment

New S690, about 700k. Sell it in 3 years for 350k, thats 350k depreciation in 3 years. For that price you can have a fantastic heated shop and full time machanic on staff.

Comment

Watched that 2014 690 at ritchie bros today less than 400 Sep hours. 360 k.

Comment

That truck went from 45,000 in 2003 to 32,000 in 2009 , now back up.
          Farm machinery has done the Al Gore hockey stick curve

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...