• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.4 billion for investing in coal plants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.4 billion for investing in coal plants

Whats wrong with the picture of paying off investors for being on the the governments decisions on carbon emissions

I refer to Alberta and it coal fired electrical generators.

Who else will get to paint with that whitewash brush. And by the sounds of it there will be investments in fossil fuels of natural gas to retrofit some of the coal boilers.

That logic escapes me ...if the intent ever was to reduce C02 gases

Click image for larger version

Name:	11012162_750569111717947_2660431278427549380_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	765251

This sums up some of the leadership in Canada.

Comment

Sask3 one thing you missed, the NDP settled with 3 of the 4 companies, it has yet to settle with Enmax, Calgary city owned utility. Mayor Nenshi has been very critical of the NDP's PPA lawsuit and of it's carbon tax I hope he makes them squirm.

This payout is just the beginning, there will be billions spent on solar panels and bat and bird killers and then on the transmission lines to tie them in. Then on natural gas powered generators to back them up. The hole is just starting to be dug.

On Thursday the NDP announced the the settlement, on Friday they announced a ban on door to door sales of energy products, window reno's, and furnace reno's. They are just law writing machines and free enterprise killing zealots! Still 3 more years fml!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        Sask3 one thing you missed, the NDP settled with 3 of the 4 companies, it has yet to settle with Enmax, Calgary city owned utility. Mayor Nenshi has been very critical of the NDP's PPA lawsuit and of it's carbon tax I hope he makes them squirm.

This payout is just the beginning, there will be billions spent on solar panels and bat and bird killers and then on the transmission lines to tie them in. Then on natural gas powered generators to back them up. The hole is just starting to be dug.

On Thursday the NDP announced the the settlement, on Friday they announced a ban on door to door sales of energy products, window reno's, and furnace reno's. They are just law writing machines and free enterprise killing zealots! Still 3 more years fml!
        I hope it's just that easy, Hamloc, that after 3 years you can just kick the mess out. I think what you will find is that the bureaucracies that they have built will outlast you.

Funny that you would mention the bird and bat grinders - it doesn't matter one bit what happens to wildlife when it's "green" energy that kills it. Just last week I was told how stupid it has become here in Ontario:

A log buyer told me of purchasing the timber on a 50 acre bush in Newmarket (on the northern edge of Toronto) and did all the paperwork that is now necessary before a tree gets cut. Their were informed that the woodlot was "potential" habitat for a bat that is on the Ontario endangered species list.

So, before they could cut a tree, they had to do an "environmental impact study" to show that they would not harm said "potential bat habitat.

Now, it is important to know that this area is on the extreme northern fringe of the bat's living periphery and that there are millions of them in New York State and Ohio, which is its normal range.

The study showed no harm and the logging operation proceeded but only after spending thousands of dollars unnecessarily. But meanwhile, there was no issue with wind turbines in Ontario grinding up bats on an ongoing basis.

Oh yes, I failed to mention that the last documented sighting of this particular bat occurred in 1903.

In another case, there was no logging or development allowed within 1 1/4 miles of a site where there was potential habitat for a certain kind of turtle which is on the endangered species list.

What I am saying is that once these useless government leaches get attached to the system, there is no getting rid of them.

Comment

The Chaplin wind project was mothballed because of migrating birds.

And here I thought it would be a great place to shoot coyotes under the grinder.

Comment

My faint hope is that Albertans will sober up in time in kick out the Notely wrecking crew in time to save some of these coal fired plants like Sheerness and Genesee before it is too late but once this is set in motion it takes an awful lot to correct this big of a blunder. Wonder what life will be like with expensive power available only three days per week in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
              My faint hope is that Albertans will sober up in time in kick out the Notely wrecking crew in time to save some of these coal fired plants like Sheerness and Genesee before it is too late but once this is set in motion it takes an awful lot to correct this big of a blunder. Wonder what life will be like with expensive power available only three days per week in the future.
              It will be like my daughter faces in deepest, darkest Africa where little kids die from no oxygen because the power goes out at the medical clinic where she is stationed.

It will be like Africa, where nothing happens without graft greasing teh way - oh wait, we already have Trudeau selling access here, and other left-wingers like Alison and Rachel and Sandra doing that...

So, sure, bring it on, you lying left-wing hypocrites who claim to be helping the underprivileged by knocking down those who create wealth and the technology that gave us the good life.

Comment

Burnt I think the NDP believes they are a one term government. In realizing this they are trying to enact as many policies as possible with some being very difficult to reverse. The shutdown of coal plants, 15 dollar minimum wage, carbon tax and related beauacracy, probably the biggest a 58 billion dollar deficit and higher income taxes. It goes on and on. How to destroy a province in 4 years!

Comment

http://www.eia.gov/outlooks/aeo/pdf/electricity_generation.pdf
                  USA Average Levilized cots of energy (LCOE) for plants coming on stream in 2022 in USA in 2015 $/Mwh. No subsidies included.

Coal with CCS - $139.5
                  Natural Gas Conventional Combined cycle - $58.1
                  Natural Gas Advanced Combined cycle -$57.2
                  Natural Gas CC with CCS -$84.8
                  Natural Gas Conventional Combustion Turbine - $110.8
                  Natural Gas Advanced Combustion Turbine - $94.7

Advanced Nuclear - $102.8
                  Geothermal -$45
                  Biomass -$96.1

Wind - $64.5
                  Wind Offshore - $158.1
                  Solar PV - $84.7
                  Solar Thermal -$235.9
                  Hydroelectric -$67.8

Comment

The long gun registry was to be self funding and only cost $2M.
                    The carbon tax is to be revenue neutral and cost nothing.
                    I think the same peopl who are upside down on thir car loans, never created employment, and believe this shit.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...