• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think this is right as a farmer or not?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think this is right as a farmer or not?

Facts about what Brad Wall thinks about family farms.

Those with crown land rents that have crop out and in some cases over half of their crop is out
    will have their crown land lease agreements cancelled if not paid by dec 31, 2016. T

Some of these same farmers have money owed to them from Sask Crop Insurance from wildlife, waterfowl and some yield loss claims that will not be settled by dec 31 2016. In addition those
    farm families that have wild life and waterfowl damage and could not harvest will not have the
    wildlife and waterfowl claims paid until the crop has deteriorated in value in the spring.
    Really Mr. Wall Mr farm advocate on a year when people can t even get to their fields in an effort to
    hide your mismanagement of the province you want to take away land people need to farm and
    sell them prior to your next deficit budget.

In addition farm land rental rates were raised by 15% this past year and as a nice round number out of the blue will be raised an additional 30% next year in an effort to force farm families out of their rental
    agreements, these lands are all or most that many smaller farm families have to live on.
    Also the land agreements were based on price of grain. Can anyone on agriville tell me that grain
    prices have gone up 15% and are going up exactly 30% next year. The rent on this land is
    considerably higher than private land in the area. The method used for land rent amounts has been reviewed by lawyers and has said to be not legal.

Thank you Brad Wall for standing up for farm families. Your actions will cost these farms more than
    your big worry about carbon or any other bullshit ploy. You begged on your hand knees to extend benefits to oil workers unemployment benefits and for farm families you cut them off when they are owed money by your own government programs????

They likely want to sell the property to the tennants, so they keep jacking the rent up to the point it makes sense to buy it rather than pay rent and never outright own it.

Comment

Farmers who farm this crown land have had a pretty decent chance to purchase it over the last couple of years. This rent increase shouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

The federal and provincial government's agenda is to have bigger farms.

It's easier for bill boyd to talk to the needs of the tappaufs of the world in forgotten phone calls.

Stewart and ritzs buddies at a cattle company needs more pasture in a few years....policy is made to sell pasture to the patrons that eventually are handed an unbelievable offer in a few years.....blah blah blah.

Boyd needs his farm expenses paid for .....run it thru the government with an auditor that is so ****ing stupid as to how the kickback occurred....and yes I suggested that's exactly what happened but that wasn't her mandate to figure out is what she told me.

Less farmers .... less headaches....easier to find more common ground.

Why do you think dairy is so profitable? Few producers with one voice.

Buckle up and get to your 30000 acres.

Less towns hospitals public services etc....it's a win for all those on that path..... Government...large farm CEOs. ...federated coop .....etc etc etc.

The mandate has been with government for a while to promote larger farms.....it's been an unwritten policy but the noise has been there.....just have to watch the players involved.

And whoever sent me that roll of tinfoil.....thanks but I have run out.....lol.
        Last edited by bucket; Nov 23, 2016, 07:36.

Comment

Land rent increase shouldn't be a surprise??? lol, there is a written agreement stating that
          the rental rate is based on grain prices, do you see 45% increase in grain prices next year?

These are facts these are legal rental agreements where people have based their plans on
          renting not owning this land the agreements are binding.

I don't know of a single case where private landlords are not working with their tenants given
          the situation.

The crown land rent is higher than the local private land rent prior to the 15% increase never mind
          30% increase. the same people that knocked down the ndp for raising rents a fraction of this amount are now saying its ok to break the agreements.

Comment

Crap insurance owes these same farmers money. The wildlife and waterfowl destroyed
            crop now, and yet you have to wait until spring and lower the value of the crop. Well since we re waiting to lower the value of the crop for crap insurance why aren't we lowering the value of the crop
            in determining the rental rate????

Comment

I know guys that have tried to buy crown land.....the government won't accept the offer because some political friends want the land....

Wall's cronies have not been shuffled enough....the pay to play is alive and well at the ag ministry....along with some old favours being repaid.....not hard to figure out if a guy listens carefully.

Comment

The 30% charge on the rent is really not a rental increase. It is a surcharge to force your hand. Either pay the increase,buy the land or cancel the lease. The rental formula is still in place so the rent for 2017 will be calculated then the 30 % Will be added on. Government employees make no excuses, the government wants out of the land ownership business and the surcharge is put on to make it unprofitable to rent. The only way they can sell the land is if the renter cancels the long term lease. So it's shit or get off the pot. I am going through the process now.

Comment

the reason most of it wasn't bought is because rent was dirt cheap for years . I watched the first 20 years of farming while we were paying $45 /ac, land bank tenants were payin $12 hardly covered taxes . not sure if this is what your talking about , but if it is , it's about time

Comment

The background/back door bids is what is driving these prices....make no mistake....the government's buddies are in there.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      The federal and provincial government's agenda is to have bigger farms.

It's easier for bill boyd to talk to the needs of the tappaufs of the world in forgotten phone calls.

Stewart and ritzs buddies at a cattle company needs more pasture in a few years....policy is made to sell pasture to the patrons that eventually are handed an unbelievable offer in a few years.....blah blah blah.

Boyd needs his farm expenses paid for .....run it thru the government with an auditor that is so ****ing stupid as to how the kickback occurred....and yes I suggested that's exactly what happened but that wasn't her mandate to figure out is what she told me.

Less farmers .... less headaches....easier to find more common ground.

Why do you think dairy is so profitable? Few producers with one voice.

Buckle up and get to your 30000 acres.

Less towns hospitals public services etc....it's a win for all those on that path..... Government...large farm CEOs. ...federated coop .....etc etc etc.

The mandate has been with government for a while to promote larger farms.....it's been an unwritten policy but the noise has been there.....just have to watch the players involved.

And whoever sent me that roll of tinfoil.....thanks but I have run out.....lol.
                      lol bucket, these are ndp policies that you listed ( and you like the ndp ) What gives??

Comment

Originally posted by kaj100un View Post
                        The 30% charge on the rent is really not a rental increase. It is a surcharge to force your hand. Either pay the increase,buy the land or cancel the lease. The rental formula is still in place so the rent for 2017 will be calculated then the 30 % Will be added on. Government employees make no excuses, the government wants out of the land ownership business and the surcharge is put on to make it unprofitable to rent. The only way they can sell the land is if the renter cancels the long term lease. So it's shit or get off the pot. I am going through the process now.
                        Thanks for " the rest of the story " like.

Comment

Caseih. You are correct on the rental being lower but nowhere near those numbers. First of all u pay on every acre of the land at different rental levels. You also pay the taxes. Compared to the other land we rent and compared to what neighbors are paying the land bank lease was likely 15 % less. That was till about three years ago. Since that time rental has been higher on this land and since you are dealing with the government there are no rental negotiations.Hindsight is always great and we should have bought this land years ago,but that could be said for every piece of land.Just rough numbers but if we where to rent this land this year,with the taxes in the rent would be twice what is being payed to private landlords

Comment

No land bank 12 dollar acre land here.
                            But land that was priced according to grain prices as set out in the agreement and was always give or take compared to private.

Do you think it's right given the situation for sask ag to do this? Particularly when as I said crop is out they really can't wait until spring but they can go beg for an extension for oil buddies?

Comment

Renters here are being told its part of the formula and not a surcharge, the surcharge is illegal just as the rental rates have been for the past 3 years this is a class action situation involving millions of dollars

there is no provision for a surcharge in the rental agreement.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...