• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmer owned commodity hub.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
    Who's going to line their pockets on this one?
    No Pocket lining. Brand new company everyone getting in at the same level. Just a group of farmers looking restore producer ownership in the value chain.

About 30 farmers sent 7 of us on a fact finding mission about a year ago. This is the result.

Comment

I will have to get to one of those meetings. Do they have a site or rail line they would prefer to be on? What's the business model like on the grain side?

I consider myself lucky with the options for delivery in my area already, not that there is anything right on my "doorstep" right now but there's lots within a reasonable distance. One more can't hurt. Would be nice to see no affiliation with already existing big players.

Comment

Reinventing the wheel again are we ? Some one is going to pay and someone is going to walk away with coin in there pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          I will have to get to one of those meetings. Do they have a site or rail line they would prefer to be on? What's the business model like on the grain side?

I consider myself lucky with the options for delivery in my area already, not that there is anything right on my "doorstep" right now but there's lots within a reasonable distance. One more can't hurt. Would be nice to see no affiliation with already existing big players.
          Sooline. CPR is primary focus at this time. Final location not established yet Needs to be near the Oil Field several options that are being looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
            Reinventing the wheel again are we ? Some one is going to pay and someone is going to walk away with coin in there pockets.
            Not reinventing the wheel just making our own wheel. Making some improvements to the wheel.

Comment

keep us up on meeting dates, please. Would love to see how you plan to do this and would like to offer up site 2 in west central Sask.

Comment

Guess just read poster. Too excited, ha.

Comment

Good luck, a difficult but commendable task.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...