• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmer owned commodity hub.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmer owned commodity hub.

Series of meetings coming up in December to discuss farmer owned initiative.

Hope to see a bunch of Agriville representation there. Great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something that can provide value to your farm!

Click image for larger version

Name:	comtraxmeetings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	777383

WIT all over again?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      WIT all over again?
      I'll say this. It is inspired by WIT and all the producer owned entities. The concept and structure will be dramatically different than WIT or anything else out there currently in Canada.

Comment

WIT all over again?
        If this project is referred to as WIT all over again, we will wear that as a badge of honor. WIT was extremely successful and provided tremendous value back to its shareholders, customers and farmers all across Western Canada. Not only in returns but as an advocate for policy and standards that helped all producers and the Canadian grain industry.

We are turning the page on that history but drawing from the experience and inspiration that success story provided to farmers in SE Sask.

By starting new it allows us create something that is much more diversified and nimble. This project if successfully built will likely be a template for something that can be replicated in other parts of the country.

Many farmers, grain companies, end users and shippers of commodities are already excited about this project and what it will become. It is an ambitious project and will require the support of hundreds of producers. These meetings will determine whether or not that support is there.

So far our response and words of encouragement from industry professionals in Grain, Oil and others have us feeling we are headed in the right direction.

We hope farmers will hear us out. We want this to be a Farmer initiative that includes all farmers that want to be part of something that can provide as many firsts in Saskatchewan, and Canada that WIT did. I believe this is a generational opportunity.

Comment

follow us on twitter @comtraxlogsol

Comment

I wasn't being sarcastic or rude just asking.....that was a successfull model to follow.....maybe there are better designs for elevators today.

And could you put one in my neighborhood?

Getting sick of the big three with little vision.

Comment

I wasn't being sarcastic or rude just asking.....that was a successfull model to follow.....maybe there are better designs for elevators today.

And could you put one in my neighborhood?

Getting sick of the big three with little vision.
              Sorry wasn't trying to accuse you of being sarcastic, rather seizing the opportunity to share vision.

My answer to you question is simply unless everyone who seeks to originate commodities from your area is represented, or can easily do so the answer is yes.

Comment

I'm vey excited about this commercial facility, owned by producers, and commercial companies owning the condo spaces inside it. From what I was told, it will also transload crude as well as aggregate.

I can see some entrepreneurs getting a spot in the facility, and value adding. I' d love to buy three rooms to : 1. make birdseed, 2. make pelleted livestock feed, using farmer screenings,and 3.make speciality organic flour. Ha. But then, I'm cursed with an over-active imagination...

I started following the company on twitter a few weeks ago.

Producer owned facilities are a sure sign of confidence in agriculture; in farmers. What a wonderful Saskatchewan.

Congratulations to Comtrax Logistics Solutions for their innovative concepts, their faith in our farm communities as a place to invest, to the planners for dedicating their time to creating wealth in Saskatchewan.

I appreciate it.
                Pars
                Last edited by parsley; Nov 22, 2016, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                  I'm vey excited about this commercial facility, owned by producers, and commercial companies owning the condo spaces inside it. From what I was told, it will also transload crude as well as aggregate.

I can see some entrepreneurs getting a spot in the facility, and value adding. I' d love to buy three rooms to : 1. make birdseed, 2. make pelleted livestock feed, using farmer screenings,and 3.make speciality organic flour. Ha. But then, I'm cursed with an over-active imagination...

I started following the company on twitter a few weeks ago.

Producer owned facilities are a sure sign of confidence in agriculture; in farmers. What a wonderful Saskatchewan.

Congratulations to Comtrax Logistics Solutions for their innovative concepts, their faith in our farm communities as a place to invest, to the planners for dedicating their time to creating wealth in Saskatchewan.

I appreciate it.
                  Pars
                  I love your enthusiasm. If you notice those bins at the back of that drawing on our poster.

Those are holding bins for our Pelletized screenings which then can be loaded on trucks or rail. That was a no brainer.

We are also working on a design that will hopefully satisfy the most strict standards for identity preserved and tracibilty for products.

Comment

A group of farmers here tried something similar.
                    I was initially involved 5 farmers purchased the land 120 acres by railway.
                    Was planned to have a containerizing plant to box grain plus bunkers and some upright storage.
                    Feasabilty and budget done came to first meeting everyone keen then second meeting need 150 farmers to put minimum of 5000 dollars in but more was preffered didnt proceed but apparently still being evaluated by others.

but its a great idea for you guys suggest sorely needed

Comment

At start up was suggested like this one chemicals fert etc and after exhaustive planning decided to be a core bussiness grain storage and handling and containerization nothing else less risk

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                        A group of farmers here tried something similar.
                        I was initially involved 5 farmers purchased the land 120 acres by railway.
                        Was planned to have a containerizing plant to box grain plus bunkers and some upright storage.
                        Feasabilty and budget done came to first meeting everyone keen then second meeting need 150 farmers to put minimum of 5000 dollars in but more was preffered didnt proceed but apparently still being evaluated by others.

but its a great idea for you guys suggest sorely needed
                        There is no doubt a project of this magnitude comes with a price tag. But then again everything we do on our farms does.

We have some very creative financial minds working on it. When the numbers are broke down and we consider tax plays and payment plans, it doesn't seem nearly as out of reach as it did even 6 months ago. That's coming from a guy that has lived a breathed this for the last year. We hope other farmers will feel the same way.... but if they don't and the appetite isn't there then we will be disappointed no doubt but the effort to provide the opportunity will still be worth it.

All we can ask is producers show up to listen to the pitch and make up their own minds. As time goes on this doesn't get any easier. If it can't happen now it probably never will.

Comment

Who's going to line their pockets on this one?

Comment

Would be good to know the principals on this one. Probably will go to the Weyburn meeting just to see.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              I am gonna build my own grain terminal ! Then I can screw myself !

Gonna hire an old drunk for manager ! An old bull shitter from the SWP days with connections ! A bit f'kd upstairs but perfect for the job of elevating grain, loading the cars, and doing the books !

# farmer owned !

# were taking grain !
                              Great idea. Lots of not so old pensioned off pool guys working dead end jobs lost in the real world.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...