• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought this was a neat pic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

careful with the vehicle charger.... I flew two batteries worth, plugged them in, flew the third one.... then the truck wouldn't start. They draw a huge amount of power. LOL.

I've had mine as high as 850m

Comment

These UAV regs are about to tighten up, due to privacy concerns and ppl flying them too high and too close to airports

Comment

Phanthom 4 works great love the thing. Can crop scout easy and good for hail damage. better than guys on the ground checking the four corners and its bad in middle.

Payed for itself on one hail storm this summer.

Comment

thanks klause

Comment

If you farm without a drone. Do you actually farm at all?????

Iceman Out

Comment

Klause, are you saying that you change out the batteries in the controller mid flight? and that tricks the drone into "thinking" that the new ground level, is the altitude at which you change the batteries? which is why you can take it higher than where it might otherwise reach?

Won't the drone automatically head back if you disconnect the batteries to switch them mid flight?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                what would I need besides the drone? how much is a drone ?
                Hi caseih,

For farming, aside from the cost of the drone you would likely have to buy a camera/sensor that can detect near infra-red and red-edge wavelengths. You can calculate an NDVI index from that (with software which is also an added expense). The cost of the drone will vary depending on the size of the area you would want to survey.

You can get a DJI drone for around $1000 dollars but you likely won't be able to cover a quarter section with a single flight.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  for figuring out where the water has to go , I should of said , lol
                  It is possible to use the elevation data interpreted from the drone imagery to figure out drainage.

I have a background in mapping and have used that type of information to show drainage patters, water collection areas and flood plains.

If you were to ever get a drone to survey the area your interested in, I would be happy to calculate the drainage for you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...