• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought this was a neat pic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was a neat pic

First pic is loading some lentils... 2nd was a summer storm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	org_fe1f6b403238a644_1478543786000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	777380

Name:	org_9a2e9b1275699f1f_1468986006000.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	777381

Looks like you got a drone. Just got mine in September and i might have found my calling(again) LOL.
    Going to take a while to figure out all it can do.Have already been asked to do numerous things with it.
    I will be taking the commercial pilots course this winter to get my license from Transport Canada. New rules coming in 2017 for drones.
    I have already figured out that it is too small for large scale field mapping. But i have to learn how to operate one first so it should be a good one to start.

Comment

Ya I got my license this summer... this is a dji phantom 3 pro

Technically as farmers field mapping requires a license anyway.

Also a good idea to have a radio... notify air planes in the area.

Comment

Name:	org_a22b323ad0c2242b_1468435932000.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	765245

Summer scouting pic

Comment

klause, does the drone help at all for draining land?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            klause, does the drone help at all for draining land?
            Ya... You can do elevation maps

And get an idea of what you're up against... things look different from above.

Comment

for figuring out where the water has to go , I should of said , lol

Comment

what would I need besides the drone? how much is a drone ?

Comment

Klause, did you choose the phantom 3, over the phantom 4, or was the 4 not out yet?

Comment

Do you require a license prior to purchase?

Comment

I bought the P3Pro because it was quite a bit cheaper, and I wasn't interested in recording really high quality video (basically the biggest difference).

Instead went for high power batteries...

You can buy them at bestbuy... I think they're 1200 now.... No, no license needed and if you're in rural areas and not flying close to planes, or secure installations, or over residential areas you should never hear a complaint anyways.

Careful flying a drone if spray planes are about though. You can break the pilot's concentration, hit his plane... or end up causing him to crash.... Most will prob know this already, just saying....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        what would I need besides the drone? how much is a drone ?
                        A smart phone or a tablet to hook it to, and then a software app like DroneDeploy

https://www.dronedeploy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          A smart phone or a tablet to hook it to, and then a software app like DroneDeploy

https://www.dronedeploy.com/
                          Klaus by high power batteries do you mean more than 30 minutes a battery. In warm weather at 395 ft i can fly and picture about 80 acres. I can tell you if your fly is open when i download pictures.
                          No one can seem to answer my question about using a tablet to hook it to. I was told i would need one that is cell phone capable to use GPS. Was told at Sask Tel that i would need to get cell service to use GPS on an i pad. I have the Phantom 4 and both Datamapper and Drone Deploy apps. Havn't tried Drone Deploy yet

Comment

Originally posted by AllisWD45 View Post
                            Klaus by high power batteries do you mean more than 30 minutes a battery. In warm weather at 395 ft i can fly and picture about 80 acres. I can tell you if your fly is open when i download pictures.
                            No one can seem to answer my question about using a tablet to hook it to. I was told i would need one that is cell phone capable to use GPS. Was told at Sask Tel that i would need to get cell service to use GPS on an i pad. I have the Phantom 4 and both Datamapper and Drone Deploy apps. Havn't tried Drone Deploy yet

for the DJI3 they came out with only a 3000mha battery.... now you get 4480mha batteries.... which takes you to 30 mins.... Which is actually pretty good for that class of drone. If you have two batteries you can just swap them out. Fly a field at higher altitude and then you can cover more acres faster.

For DroneDeploy to work you need internet, however you can create a wireless hotspot on your phone, and conect the wifi in the tablet to that.

You do not need a cellular network for GPS to work... however iPads with GPS are also the ones which have a cellular modem built in.... I have flown quite a it with an older samsung galaxy tab.... Which works quite well.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I never thought of sending it higher. My package came with 3 batteries a triple charger,vehicle charger extra props and a real fancy sturdy aluminum case that stores everything and you can leave props on. 1900$ on Amazon from a company called Zoom Zoom. Very happy with it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...