• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things getting bad in Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The net Alberta debt when capital spending on infrastructure is included for the 2016-2017 budget period is 14.5 billion. So yah I would say the debt is going to be a few billion lol! As for Sandra Jansen, how do you make the jump from one week running for the leadership of the PC's to being a NDP mla. Ideologically quite far apart, certainly as far left as the Alberta NDP are heading. I think she went to the AGM in Red Deer, saw that she didn't have a hope in hell and jumped ship!

Comment

Bingo you don't move that far over unless you figure its in your best interest.

Comment

Sask has a debt of 14.8 Billion and we have only 1/4 of Albertas population ! And you think Brad is a way better politician ?
        He is a way better at some things ,saving money isn't one of them

Comment

Some people have to look back and understand had Grant Devine not did some of the things he did .....Saskatchewan would be hooped today.. ...no expansions of any industries because the power grid base wasn't there.

Sure Devine made mistakes but overall he had the vision to propell the province years later.

Not much of that in either political party in Saskatchewan today.

Comment

Mustardman that is for a one year budget not accumulated debt! Accumulated debt by 2019 is projected to be 58 billion.

Comment

You're too kind sask 3, MB,s debt is over 35 billion. And mustard, i bet all provinces figure out their debt the same way, isn't mask's more like 5 billion? I bet that's the number YOU would use if the ndp were in power in sask. and also, does sask. not have to pay transfer pmts. to ottawa also?

Comment

SK3

Your bragging how great things are under Brad Wall but yet this was reported just last week.

"Saskatchewan ranks third in spikes across the provinces, with 17.5 per cent more people turning to the Food Bank this year."

You keep saying how bad things are in Alberta, it's yearly increase is %17.6 while Manitoba's yearly food bank usage drop -2.3%.

So how great is it really in Sask? Your so busy bashing any province that isn't lead by a Conservative government. You should start looking in your backyard first.

As for Manitoba's new premier, I have nothing negative to say about him as he was only elected six months ago, so he deserves a chance to put us on the right track.

Comment

Thank u Bucket. My Father said the same thing that u mentioned. Devine saved more farmers at that time than u could name. Tough times, he made mistakes but genuinely cared about the rural folk and there desperate fight to continue there way of life. A good man. Need more politicians like him.

Comment

Grant Devine built Rafferty-Alameda, brought in the cow-calf program, saved a lot of farmers and much, much more than I can remember right off. Can't remember one lasting project of Big Roy.

Comment

Roy and Allan's project was to ruin rural Sk, did their best.

Comment

Alberta will learn the hard and painful way how the NDP is bad for rural AND urban.

Watch how electrical rates increase when Notley and Trudeau phase out coal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...