• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Tune

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil also chose two honourable mentions:

farmaholic : Disturbed "Land of Confusion"

And

Larry Weber : Nickelback "Burn it to the Ground"

Congratulations to both of you.

Thanks for entering. pars

Comment

Thanks so much to Phil Shaw for judging all the material. I know he listened to them, and sounded as if he was enjoying them.
      It sounded as if internet server was giving him problems today so I got the results by phone.

This contest is officially closed. Thanks all
      pars

Comment

Thanks so much Parsley and Phil. Being from Northeast Sask where we have had endless rain with almost yearly flooding ever since 2004 "Who will stop the rain" runs through my head all the time. I'm quite sure both CaseIH, Freewheat and most farmers in this area will agree.

Comment

Thanks Parsley, fun stuff. I listened to everyone's entry as well. I can appreciate any style of good music but only listen to certain stuff.

Comment

Good contest, nice to get sidetracked once in awhile

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
              Phil has picked the contest winner!

Congratulations to Seldomseen for the winning entry:

Clearwater Credence Revival's "Stop The Rain".

if you'd please send me a message via AV, with both a name and an address where I will send your parcel, it will be mailed this week Don't forget your postal code.

Thanks for entering. I hope you will be Oftenseen. Pars

I received an email from Phil tonight and he says:

"The winner is (Seldomseen): “Who’ll Stop the Rain”- Creedence Clearwater” .. The weather dictates next year Country “Who’ll stop the snow” , “Who’ll stop the wind “ it just fits farm country…The beat suggests somebody always needs to stop something." Pars

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                Phil also chose two honourable mentions:

farmaholic : Disturbed "Land of Confusion"

And

Larry Weber : Nickelback "Burn it to the Ground"

Congratulations to both of you.

Thanks for entering. pars
                In his email tonight, Phil comments:

"Close runners up:
                1. (LWeber) “Burn it to the Ground –Nickelback” Take this job & shove it. Blow off steam protest, when you reach 60 you realize the guy you were shoving it too.. was yourself…
                2. (Farmaholic) “Disturbed –Land of Confusion”.. Beware of Global cabals that concentrate power" Pars.
                Last edited by parsley; Nov 22, 2016, 23:55.

Comment

An interesting comment tonight from Phil, included this gem;

"The Johnny Cash song “HURT” was one I hadn’t heard before. He was old & kind of sad. I remember going to his show and he was hammered, but he still performed…Maybe he was never sober.
                  Country songs are always soul jerkers that capture a simple life…".

That's all folks. Do do do de doo doo doo. Doodle do de de dooooooooo!

pars
                  Last edited by parsley; Nov 22, 2016, 23:57.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    What a great variety. Canon always hits home - takes me back to our oldest son's violin lesson days when we heard it over and over and it never got old.

It's tough to pick one favorite, but Toto was good and I now have a daughter in Africa where they are anxiously awaiting the rainy season. Even the cows wandering about the village sense the need, she said. No idea what the lyrics mean - i only know one thing - I miss her terribly and there is no "She's coming in, twelve-thirty flight" and she won't for almost 2 more years but here is it is -

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ZaSINRDGM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ZaSINRDGM[/URL]
                    Wonderful comments. pars

Comment

Well, they finally came and "I bless the rains down in Africa"! Rivers rise in a minute's notice making crossings treacherous, not that the cow cared much....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattle Crossing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	765271

After a couple of hours the water receded enough to allow the car in which my daughter traveled to cross this river as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...