• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentils

This huge lentil crop is getting scooped up really quickly. My neighbour sold all of his French Lentils yesterday for 55 cents a pound, that's $33 bucks a bushel. The seed plants are hoofing her and will be practically sold out of lentils by Jan/Feb. Reds have yet to make their price climb, but a few are waiting it out. Funny thing is that there are thousands of acres of pretty decent lentils still in the field - still ripening. 👍

I was thinking about this yesterday... there's a market for aged cheese... why not a market for "aged" lentils. Could be a gourmet market.... there already is a huge calling for "sprouts"...

Comment

Klause, i was thinking along those lines but with regards to HRS... CGC said the wheat reclassification was because gluten strength wasn't strong enough in many varieties. The world thinks gluten is a bad thing, and we have *low gluten* varieties to sell them! Rather than take a discount, we could cater to the nonsense and capture a premium?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...