• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow in Central Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow in Central Alberta

I think the combines are parked for good here east of Red Deer. We got about 3 inches of heavy wet snow yesterday. My son was out Monday night until 2:30 helping a neighbor finish his canola, it was tough going. I managed with the help of a neighbor to finish baling straw Monday night. Some standing wheat and swathed barley still out in the area otherwise mostly done. I can't imagine it drying out again before spring. How many other areas got this snow?

We are white here, wet heavy snow. Harvest 2016 is officially done here. What's left will have to be done in spring now .

Comment

Edmonton area. Got a little snow. Helping out yesterday in some wheat that looked like mush. Everything off the charts but combines are rolling here and there.

Comment

Started snowing here at noon yesterday, just as forecast. only about an inch on ground, and plus temps in forecast, so not going to give up yet. The end was in sight. If it hadn't rained almost everyday during this warm spell, we could have likely finished.

Comment

4:30 yesterday she was all over.
          6" wet snow.
          Picked up last swath of 25 wheat at 4:15.
          Last edited by blackpowder; Nov 16, 2016, 10:51.

Comment

Well there was wet where guys didn't want to combine anything that you had to dry too much and then there was wet like us where you could not move could not even move down the side roads to get to the fields. A few guys did hills. On a few fields but other than that nothing happened during he nice spell that really would
            Have helped if the ground would have froze.

Comment

Middle of November and another sunny, warm day in our area of eastern Sask.
              Ready to park equipment and wait fo spring.
              High water table areas and full sloughs mean we expect to lose five to ten per cent of cultivated area again next year, could be more or less depending on whether it is a wet or dry year.
              Hilly and rolling land allows for significant production except for worst wet years
              Drouth, frost, and disease have been right up there with excess rain and early snow as production risk over the years.

Comment

It appears it is over in NE Sask, a fair amount of people lost out to the mud. Ground will finally freeze but snow will likely put an end to it.

A miracle could happen if snow melts, we could finish on firm frozen ground.....not giving up yet but realize our chances are slim now.

Comment

Millet, Ab, 10" of snowClick image for larger version

Name:	Millet , Ab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	765241

Comment

West of Edmonton about 2 inches of snow and we were combining 22% wheat and chopping silage yesterday. Today I guess you would call it snolage.
                    Last edited by woodland; Nov 16, 2016, 15:31. Reason: Typo

Comment

No snow. No rain. Yet. Cloudy. Windy getting cold. In SE SK. Pars

Comment

I'm SE of Innisfail and got about half an inch of snow. Further south of me just got rain yesterday but still enough it might be the end for the year.

Comment

Congratulations Blackpowder. Sleep well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...